Nova

"Akashi!" The said boy blinked his eyes and he was back to reality. "Akashi!" Multiple yells resounded from around him and he closed his eyes to take a deep breath. "Akashi!" Another yell was heard, but this one was right in front of him.

Akashi glanced ahead of himself and was met with a perturbed Sasuke. His onyx eyes were wide in distress as he was looking at the red-headed boy in front of him. As their eyes met, Sasuke blinked, before a relieved sigh left his lips. "He's fine". Was what he said.

Of course he was fine, what's up with that? Did something happen?

"Huh?" In the midst of the confusion he was feeling, that was the only thing that Akashi could say.

"That's good...". Tobirama commented, narrowing his eyes at Akashi. "What was that?" He questioned and Akashi didn't have an answer.

"What was what?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. From the corner of his eye, he saw Sasuke raised his brows.

"All of that". The raven-haired boy gestured above Akashi and only then, did he see what had happened. His chains were hovering over him. What the hell?!

Willing them to return, he shook his head.

"What happened?" He received grimaces in return and he already knew that it wasn't something good. "I see...".

"I'm glad you're back and all that, but we have a problem at hand right now". Tobirama spoke up and turned back to face Obito. He was right... They really were in a bind right now. Then, Akashi looked back as he sensed a chakra spike in the giant toad's system. Its mouth puffed up and it spit out a whitish liquid at Obito, who created a small shield with his orbs.

Then... The shield started breaking...?

Was the toad's attack working... Why? How?

"A toad from Mount Myoboku?" Tobirama glanced back to look at the toad, prompting Naruto to do the same.

"What was that about, Gamakichi?" Naruto asked. "If you're going to make a move, do something diversionary or a combo...". He made a few propositions, before the toad spoke up.

"Sorry, but we're approaching the time limit for the summoning". Was the toad's answer. "I wanted to repay him with a parting shot!"

"Thanks for the effort! Go get some rest!" Naruto thanked the toad and sent it a smile.

"Sorry about this". With that, the toad disappeared.

Akashi felt like something was burning into the back of his skull and he glanced to the side. Sasuke was staring at him. Akashi furrowed his brows in question and the Uchiha said nothing. Something akin to realisation flooded him and Akashi nodded at the boy, receiving a small nod in return a moment later.

Huh... So he was worried...

How nice...

"Obito, I thought you wanted to become Hokage". Minato called out to the man. "Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"You want to know why?" Obito questioned. "Lecturing me now? Isn't it a bit late for that... Sensei?"

Minato had a habit of being too late.

"You're always too late when it matters most". Ah... So Minato also wronged him? Who would have thought...? "I'm glad my teacher was a Hokage". Obito said. "It made it easy to give up on becoming Hokage". A throb raked through Akashi at the feel of Minato's chakra.

The emotion he felt was...

Intense regret...?

"Even though you were my teacher, you didn't realise it was me". Obito closed his eyes for a moment, "...that's just who you are fundamentally", before he opened them. "How pathetic... You died a heroic Hokage, but now you're being exposed as a disgrace in front of your sons...". He said. "That's right... A Hokage is a pitiable existence... compared to what I am now".