Remembering the things we lost

Hayate and Guy crouched down next to the unconscious Lee and the still healing Akashi. Not so silent footsteps echoed away from them, which made Akashi raise his head and look towards the direction they came from. Naruto was running, full speed, at them. Just as he was running past Gaara, he glared at him. Akashi narrowed his eyes at the display and stopped the healing technique he was using.

"Medical team, please hurry". Hayate told them as they ran behind Naruto. Akashi stood up when Naruto got to them. "Fuzzy brows...". Naruto said as he watched the unconscious Lee. Akashi raised his arm and placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder, intent on bringing him a little comfort. "He did his best". Naruto was gritting his teeth, not showing any reaction to his brother's words.

Feeling dejected, Akashi retracted his hand and it fell at his side. Not finding any reason to further stay there, he turned around and walked away. He was about to jump up and join Kakashi and Sakura, when someone's Chakra spiked up from close behind him. The feeling wasn't someone using Chakra, but someone's Chakra being influenced by their emotions.

Concerned, Akashi looked back and saw Guy standing with one of the medic ninja. He was close enough to hear what they were saying. "The damage to his left arm and leg is severe. Too severe. It's hard to say this, but his body will no longer allow him to live as a ninja". The medic ninja bowed and joined the other medics. They picked Lee up with the stretcher and carried him out of the arena.

The other way stood Akashi, body stiff as his mind processed the new information. Lee? The kind Lee? Could no longer be a ninja? Feeling anger boil inside his body, Akashi bent his legs and pushed off the ground, landing between Kakashi and Sakura. "Sensei...". He whispered, his body starting to tremble. Kakashi looked at him, one eye widening when he saw the state he was in.

"Sensei". Akashi repeated, a hint of desperation in his voice. That made Kakashi realize that Akashi needed to get out of there. Grabbing him by the forearm, Kakashi Body Flickered them both out of the arena. When Akashi opened his eyes, not realizing he even close them, he found himself surrounded by vibrant green trees. Taking a wobbly step back, he slowly leaned back on a tree and slid down.

"Akashi? What's wrong?" He sensed Kakashi crouch in front of him and a hand settled on his head. "Talk to me?" He really didn't know what to say. I don't like this? I don't want things to be like this? Can't things be different? So he said nothing. He just dropped his head in his arms, feeling like nobody would understand how he feels. A sigh from in front of him told him Kakashi was going to speak up.

"You know, when I was your age I followed all the rules which existed, not ever questioning their morality". Akashi clenched his fists, not really wanting to hear about things like that. "Then, after a while, I met people who showed me that rules aren't everything, those people helped me become what I am today, they helped me find who I want to be". Akashi raised his head, intent at telling him he wanted to be left in silence, when he saw the somber expression on the older man's face.

"I can't say I fully understand what you're going to, but I can only guess that you don't agree with the way being a ninja works". Akashi felt his anger grow even further, filling every empty crack in his being, until it overflowed and he couldn't hold it in anymore. He whipped his arm forward and grabbed Kakashi by the vest.

"You have no idea what I'm going through! How can you understand?! Were you faced with death at my age?!" Kakashi said nothing, a flash on pain went through his eyes, he thought Akashi didn't notice anything because of the anger clouding his mind.

"I hate this society! I hate being a ninja! I hate seeing death and pain! I hate how people fight for power and wealth!" In between every word, his voice got louder and louder, his pain got more prominent, more raw. "Most of all, I hate this world!" He screamed out the last sentence at them same time a tear, unnoticed by him, slipped down his cheek. As his vision got blurry, only then did he notice he was crying.