A Light of Mine

To say that Sasuke's reaction was surprising would be a lie.

Akashi had expected something like that.

"Karin?!" The raven-haired boy exclaimed, sitting up in a haste. His eyes were wide as he stared at Akashi in disbelief, "You want me to make a child with Karin?!" He asked, leaning back.

Akashi sighed, also sitting up, "Well... I expected that reaction."

Sasuke went silent. He was just blankly staring at Akashi.

The redhead reached his hand forward and placed it onto Sasuke's shoulder, lightly pressing his fingers into it, "Hear me out?" He asked, watching as Sasuke averted his eyes, "If you're worried about you and her sleeping together, that doesn't have to happen."

That seemed like it caught Sasuke's attention, "What?" His confused tone rang out.

"There may be another way for you to have a child with her... But, we need to go to Konoha." The moment those words left his lips, Sasuke's expression shifted into that of reluctance.

"Back to Konoha?" His voice came out a little bit shakier than usual, "Are you fine with doing that?"

Akashi's heart constricted inside his chest. The situation had unexpectedly changed and it seemed like they would be making their trip back to Konoha sooner than planned, "I am." His hand slipped from Sasuke's shoulder, but before it could fall, the said boy caught it with his own.

"Akashi, are you fine with that?" For the first time in a while, Akashi was caught off guard. The pure, unadulterated worry which was directed at him caused him to fall into silence.

There were a lot of things they would need to worry and think about after the decision is made, but it would all be worth it, "Don't worry about me... I'm fine," Sasuke sent him a suspicious look, "Don't look at me like that, I'm not lying to you." Lying had always been one of the few things Akashi despised. People around him always seemed to be doing just that.

Lie.

Sasuke still didn't look convinced and Akashi found himself shaking his head. Without a word, he reached his arms forward and wrapped them around Sasuke's shoulders, "I want this... This way, your dream can come true and that's something I wish to see happen." The other boy's warm fingers pressed into Akashi's uncovered skin and he sighed out.

"What about your dream? There must be something you want... right?" The question got whispered out.

His dream?

Did he have one?

Naruto's face flashed through his mind and Akashi remembered.

His dream was for Naruto to become Hokage and... for him to learn about their parents.

Half of his dream had already come true and the other half was definitely going to come true... But, now?

What was his dream now? At this moment? What were his wishes? His desires?

They're in your arms, are they not? Kurama's unexpected voice rang clear in his mind.

In... my arms? Seriously... How dumb could he be? The answer was right in front of him... Literally in his arms...

"You... You are my dream and I already have you, don't I?" Sasuke froze in his arms and Akashi closed his eyes, leaning further into his warm embrace, "My dream had already come true." His lips pressed shut as he brushed them across the side of Sasuke's neck.

Silence filled the dark room, leaving only their slow breaths to fill in the empty spots.

Akashi felt Sasuke shift and a moment later, he found himself staring up at the boy, "We leave at dawn. Now sleep." With that, Sasuke lowered himself onto his side as he pulled the sheet back over their bodies.