Somewhere I Belong (Good Ending pt2)

Before they knew it, they were back at Konoha.

Konoha...

The last time Akashi was there, he didn't have time to look around, but now that he had, he found himself staring at a village that never changed. Still the same old Konoha.

The Village Hidden in the Leaves.

The wind blew as it always did, gently tousling his hair and cooling his skin down. He didn't expect anything else.

_

Unfortunately, Sasuke and he weren't allowed to attend the mass funeral that was held that day. Instead, they were locked up in prison cells, separated by a, seemingly, thin wall as multiple seals marred their almost nude bodies.

Really, Akashi did expect something like that to happen. They had killed Danzo, one of the elders, and interrupted a Kage meeting, which led to them fighting the said Kage. Still... Being in the same cell as that time didn't bring Akashi any comfort... Not at all.

Sasuke had said that they needed to talk, yet he made no move to start the much needed conversation.

"Akashi." A woman's voice rang out through his cell.

The said boy glanced to the side and saw the door had been opened. Seems like the seals were blocking not only his chakra, but also his chakra sensing abilities, "Tsunade." He greeted the woman, voice as flat as the floor beneath their feet.

"You look like you're doing well... How is prison life treating you?" She stepped closer, her heels clicking against the cold ground.

Shrugging his shoulders, Akashi leaned his head back, "Oh, you know, these six hours have been marvellous." He peeked one eye open and glanced at her.

"You're still as sarcastic as ever... I guess that'll never change, will it?" Her honey-brown eyes stared into his own, violet ones, and Akashi remained quiet, "Why did you help with the war?" There it was, the real reason she came to visit him.

She wanted the reason.

"Wouldn't you want to know that?" He sighed out and looked away, "It's funny you're even asking me that, where's the little mind digger you used on me before, eh?"

"The funeral ended an hour ago." Oh...? So Inoichi had died in the war?

"My condolences, he seemed to have been a fine ninja," Tsunade didn't react to his words, "So what? You don't have any more mind diggers in stock? Didn't the father teach his daughter anything?"

Tsunade furrowed her brows, "Ino?" She asked, looking at him.

"Did he have another daughter?" He sarcastically replied, blinking his eyes, "Yes, Ino."

"You, why are you making that suggestion? Didn't you hate me after everything?" Her expression shifted to confusion and Akashi bit back a laugh at that.

"Maybe then, now? It's just a strong feeling of dislike... It's not like I have anything to hide from you and it's not like you weren't going to use her on me already," he watched as Tsunade's eyes widened at his words, "Really? Do you think I'm dumb? You'd never believe my words alone, you need someone or something to confirm what I say."

The woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Bring her in!" She yelled and two pairs of footsteps neared the room, before two people walked in. There she was, Ino, along with an ANBU.

"Hokage." Ino bowed and the ANBU behind her turned around, promptly disappearing.

"Ino, I leave the rest to you," Tsunade walked towards the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, "There's no need to worry, he can't do anything." She assured the clearly nervous girl, before she walked out and closed the door behind herself, leaving the two of them in the dimly lit room.