Halfway there

Time passed and Jiraiya finished up his training with Naruto. Akashi was grumbling something about wasting time when Jiraiya said they were going to a hot spring, but he still went there with them. They relaxed for about half an hour and when it was time to leave, they got out and went back to the village. "Naruto". Akashi said as they got nearer to their apartment. "What?" Naruto closed his eyes, yawning. After today's events, no wonder he was tired.

"I forgot to buy something, you can head on home before me". Naruto squinted suspiciously at him, but when another yawn got out of his lips, he nodded his head. "Okay". He turned around to leave, but Akashi grabbed him by the wrist. "Don't forget to lock the door, and don't make a mess, eat something for dinner and wash your teeth". He reprimanded him and Naruto groaned.

"Yeah, yeah, you know where the spare key is". He went to remove his hand from Akashi's grip, but it tightened all of a sudden. When he turned to look at him, he noticed a weird look in his violet eyes. He almost looked... scared. Scared about what? "What's wrong?" He asked him, but he just shook his head and let go of his wrist. "Nothing, sorry, it's nothing". Akashi took a step back, the look in his eyes still there.

"Get going now". He shooed him away, a smile on his face, but... Naruto knew, the smile was hiding something. "Okay". He wanted to pry, he wanted to know, what bugged his brother so much? What was going on? But he knew he wouldn't get an answer. Even before, he never got an answer. He waved goodbye and Akashi waved back, posture stiff. Naruto turned around and went home.

Jiraiya watched their exchange from the sidelines, a thoughtful expression on his face. He knew the boys for less than a day, but even then, he realized something. The older twin cared about his brother, he cared so much, he hid how he was feeling, because he didn't wish to be a bother. That look he had in his eyes... he was scared, but about what? Was he scared that the sealing was going to go wrong? That the Nine-Tails was going to do something?

Or... was he scared that the Nine-Tails was going to take control of him again? Make him do things he never wanted to do? He was snapped out of his thoughts when Akashi turned to face him. He wore a mask of indifference. "Let's get this over with". Without another word, he walked past him and towards the Hokage Tower. Jiraiya quietly followed after him.

_

Jiraiya led Akashi to a building near the Hokage tower. Once they were inside, the met up with the Hokage and an Anbu squad. What confused Akashi, was the fact that another man was there. He had a bandage covering the side of his face and was leaning on a cane. Akashi noted that he looked quite frail. "Akashi, I'm glad to see you". He glanced at the Hokage and refrained from sneering at him.

"If only I could say the same". The Hokage laughed in an obviously forced way. "Now, now, I know we separated on bad terms, but there's no need for such distaste between us". The man besides the Hokage scoffed, an annoyed expression on his face. "You should watch your manners when you speak to the Hokage". He directed those words at Akashi, who in turn, raised his brows.

"And who might you be, certainly not someone that matters, since I've never seen or heard of you". From behind him, Akashi heard Jiraiya release a breathy laugh, before masking it with a cough. The Hokage shook his head and gestured at the man. "This is Danzo, he's a trusted friend of mine, and I found it convenient for him to be here, if you don't mind that?" Akashi remained expressionless and silent.

A clap behind them broke the tension. "Okay! Let's get right to it, Akashi, if you're fine with that, can you lay there?" Jiraiya pointed at a circle in the middle of the room. It was cover with all kinds of seals, mostly ones which Akashi had never seen before. "Well that's not ominous at all". Jiraiya placed a hand on his shoulder, intent on giving a little bit of comfort. Sadly, his try was disregarded when Akashi shook his hand off.