Heart of Stone

What is love?

He wondered...

Before, he thought he knew what it was...

Warm hands encased in his own...

Flashing grins directed at him...

Eyes sparkling just at the sight of him...

Jokes said to make him laugh...

But now... He wondered...

Just what was love?

Was it something everyone was supposed to feel?

Something nice and warm? Something which was supposed to make everything better? Is that what love was? Love for another human being? Love for your family? Love for your friends?

Or, was it supposed to be painful? So painful you wished to rip your own heart out of your chest...?

Could someone tell him...?

Is anyone even there...?

Was he all alone...?

Left alone...?

Nothing of that made sense... He couldn't understand any of that...

He thought he understood, but he was wrong!

Dark hair was replaced by a lighter shade...

Light eyes were replaced by dark ones...

He was gone and everything was made undone... He was the only one who stopped time from ticking by...

And it's constantly ticking and ticking...

The sound rang in his ears... Every day... Every second... Every minute... Every hour... Over and over and over and over again...

Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick... Tick...

He begged inside his mind for the ticking to stop... He begged and begged and begged...

But it never stopped...

Even now as he looked in those dark eyes of his, it ticked and ticked and ticked... Constantly... Unstoppably...

"What's with that look of yours?" The question got thrown right back at him. He had no answer. What was he even going to say? Staying quiet seemed like the better option in this situation, so that he did. Fingers trailed down the dark-haired boy's cheek as Akashi leaned forward. Warm lips encase his own and he watched as Sasuke's eyes fluttered shut.

Hands gripped at his waist and the redhead pried the other boy's lips apart. The bed dipped even more as the two boys shifted, hands grabbing at anything that was in reach.

Akashi placed his hands on the ones on his waist and dipped his tongue inside the other boy's mouth. Sasuke let out an exhale through his nose. The redhead pulled back, separating from the one under him.

"What look?" He finally asked back and watched as Sasuke's lips parted, soft breaths escaping through them. A hand raised from his waist and neared his cheek. It settled on his skin and the boy's thumb wiped across his cheekbone. Right where the scar ended.

"It's gone now". Was the reply he received. Those dark eyes of his trailed over his features, before they stopped at his own.

His eyes were black, not soulless nor lifeless. Instead they were like two pristine stones of onyx, that lit up with a violet flare when touched by candle light. His eyes matched the way he felt towards the world: dark and cold. The whites of his eyes contrasted sharply with the pitch black iris that sunk deep into his head. Its depth resembled that of a starless night sky, an air of eeriness and unsettling coldness emanating from his gaze.