No Rainbows In The Desert

Time passed and Akashi was still in the hideout. He hadn't gone out, not even once, but, it's not like he had somewhere to be... So, he remained inside.

Sasuke and he hadn't talked for a while... He didn't exactly know how much time passed from that night...

They hadn't talked after their... actions...

They just stayed quiet... Silently staring at the ceiling above their tired bodies...

Akashi wondered what was on the boy's in that moment... After they were done...

The red-headed boy, himself, knew what he had felt in that moment... He felt nothing...

Absolutely nothing...

Nothing, except a fleeting moment of something akin to melancholy... He didn't know why... Or at what that was aimed at... But, he had an idea...

The last time he had done anything like that was with Shinya... And it was done out of love...

But now... He did it with a person he did not love...

With a person he felt nothing for...

Love...

He still wondered what it was... Was what he felt for Shinya love? Or was it love because Shinya had said he loved him? He didn't know... He didn't know...

He didn't know...

What did Sasuke feel in that moment? Was what he felt towards the redhead called 'love'?

Akashi didn't know whether to pity the boy or not... He knew he will never come to feel the same way... The thing called 'love' was no longer available for him to feel...

If he had ever felt it at all...

_

The Nine-Tails stayed quiet after their last meeting and Akashi didn't know whether it would be a wise choice to go and visit it... It clearly showed that it had no intentions of speaking with Akashi when it forcefully expelled him from his own mind.

But, the boy wished to speak to it.

So that he did...

_

"Yet again, after everything, you still come back here...?" Its deep, rumbling, voice resounded through the dimly lit sewers. Akashi had no intentions of going back now... He was here and he will talk with it...

"Why is that such a bad thing?" The boy asked, walking closer through the waters under him. The giant crimson bars towered over him... They towered over the fox, too.

"Because you still don't understand". Akashi was taken aback at that... He doesn't understand? What is there to understand? The fox? He already knew what it went through... "No, you do not". It said as if it read his mind... Could it do it here? When he is in his own mind? He knew it could read his thoughts when he is thinking, but it never showed that it could while he was in the sewers... "I can, but I never saw reason to tell you that...". Akashi should have known...

"What is it that I do not understand?" He questioned, walking even closer to the cage that kept the might beast bound. "Tell me... What is it that I do not understand?" The answer he got was silence... The fox stayed quiet, its crimson orbs staring through the darkness of the cage...

Just...

Staring...

"Tell me!" As soon as he raised his voice, a clawed hand thrust through the space between the bars and the boy moved to the side, evading it. Not expecting what was going to happen next, he got grabbed when the hand whipped to the side.