{6}

Kai

. . .

I'm practically bursting with excitement when Rebecca knocks on our new bedroom door. She's holding her single cactus, and a single box. I reach to take them from her but she snatches them away. 

"Just because you may see them again at some point, does not mean you get the opportunity to pilfer through them now." Ahh, those must be her panties.

"You're still upset with me," I say. It's not a question, it's a statement of fact.

Rebecca snorts, pushing passed me and placing her items on the empty desk. 

There are two in each of the rooms. It's quite funny that my father thinks we'll be doing much work while rooming together. Especially if I don't mate her soon... Shit.

"I'm not upset. I just... I just wanted some time to get to know each other before we do this," she emphasizes the last word by waving to the room around us.

It's still pretty sparse, with only boxes of our belongings and her plants. I want her to be the one to decorate our shared space so that she's as comfortable as possible.

"We can still do that."

"How? You want to slap the label of 'girlfriend' on my forehead before I even get the chance to know whether or not I like the way you treat stray puppies!"

My lip curls and I fight the bone jarring urge to shift and make her mine in one of the more barbaric ways I could choose. "I love all animals but cats and lizards and you would know that if you gave me a chance!" 

Rebecca shrinks back at my tone, and I know my eyes are flaring green as I fight back the urge to shift and show her exactly how she's mine. But I don't. Releasing a sobering breath, I place my head in my hands. "I'm gonna go hang out with Chev and Heaven."

I don't wait for a response and I'm out of the door within seconds.

. . .

"You guys know we have homework right," Chev calls from his desk, poring over tonight's Algebra homework.

"Did it at lunch," Heaven and I say in unison. We're currently playing Zombies in Spaceland and I am getting my ass kicked by a clown.

"Shit! Hev, revive me! Revive me!"

"Hold on!" 

Heaven, in her attempt to revive me, dies as well. I watch as her avatar has a small crown placed on its head for scoring the most points and scowl at the television as Frankie takes my place. She, like me, is hiding out away from her mate who does not yet understand the gravity of their relationship.

"Did you talk to her," I ask Heaven, who has also been replaced, this time by Mason, the gamma's son. 

Mace is a year older than me, but surprisingly has no qualms with my position as soon to be Alpha and his as my subordinate. Not that he says much, preferring to instead take on the 'strong and silent' label.

"Yeah. Real simple. Told her how quick Chev and I got together and how absolutely normal it was... Also kinda threatened her to not upset you, which with permission I can follow through on, seeing as you're in here and not in there." 

I snort. "Permission denied."

"Well, just know if you need it. I can easily dispose of her... Hi Becca!"