{38}

Rebecca

. . .

Although every fiber of my being wants to rush toward my parents' house and be wrapped in my mother's arms, I allow Kai to walk me upstairs to our room.

All of the other students seem to have been part of the pack that was fighting the tree gremlins I created, and thankfully are not here to see the spectacle that is me.

Every inch of my exposed skin is pink from the tape, and what isn't is still covered by the hippy clothes from the spa. Not to mention my hair which is still plastered to my head by duct tape.

That's going to be a bitch to remove.

Once we're inside our room, Kai wastes no time. He storms quietly into the bathroom and runs a bath, before stalking back toward me.

We lock eyes, and he grabs the hem of my camisole, asking permission.

I nod, and he drags the fabric gently over my head, so as not to jostle my head. My breasts bounce when they're freed and Kai groans as he maintains eye contact with me, forcing himself not to look.

I can't encourage or deny him that right now.

It's cold in the room, and the steam that emanates from the bathroom does nothing to ebb the chill.

Kai drops to his knees before me, revealing my lower half with ease. He waits a minute, and I want to tell him to turn off the water in the bathroom, but I can't fathom words right now.

Still not rising, he buries his face into my lower belly. "They— Slate didn't..."

I shake my head, but then I realize he can't see me. "No," I force out, tangling my fingers in his dark hair.

Kai gives no verbal response, but his arms wind around my back and he practically crushes me to him, almost making me fall.

We're so in tune now.

With whatever blood bond we made in that clearing came a roar of voices, though one was louder than the rest.

I can hear his thoughts, and more importantly, I know how he feels.

Standing, but not releasing his grip on me, Kai walks us into the bathroom, turning off the water which was about twenty seconds from lapping over the edge, he picks me up and places me inside.

I practically moan at the warmth of the water and allow my eyes to fall closed.

I was kidnapped today.

By my father, his son, and a brainwashed girl.

I can bring plants to life. I can make them violent.

I'm responsible for Chev's death, and possibly another wolf's as well.

I'm—

All of a sudden, the water sloshes with the force of Kai entering the bath. He climbs behind me, his long legs surrounding my body as his length presses against the small of my back.

I was so locked in my thoughts I didn't even notice my wings tucking themselves away, nor did I notice Kai stripping.

Kai drags me to his chest. "Stop thinking like that," he places a kiss on the tape where my ear should be.

"But—"

"No buts."

"But Chev was—"

"No buts, Becks."

"I killed people!" I hiss. My cheeks feel hot and I realize I've begun to cry.

How can he be so calm about this? This wasn't accidentally tearing a worm in half. This is people. Actual people. A friend.