{14}

Rebecca

. . .

"These are my new pillows," Kai moans, sinking his head further into my breasts.

We are finally back into our own bedroom, though we still need to restock our bathroom supplies.

The bus arrives in ten minutes, and we should probably be downstairs waiting for it, but here we are— cuddling.

"My tits aren't your pillows," I laugh, causing his head to bounce. His head lifts infinitesimally with each jiggle, and since my top is rather low cut, his cheek brushes the tops of my breasts setting off those inexplicable tingles that for some reason appear to have gotten stronger.

I can practically hear the smile on Kai's face as he replies, "Don't say 'tits.' It's vulgar! You're supposed to say something like 'breasts.'"

I roll my eyes. It's the closest I've come to swearing without being angry. "Whatever." I sit up, dislodging Kai who whines like a kid who has just had their phone taken away. "Let's go."

We make our way downstairs, just after the others. It isn't many of us that are leaving, but considering the crowd who come with us—cheerleaders who still don't like me—I'm thankful for the spacious bus, even if the company it comes from is an environmental disaster.

The bus is alive with chatter as we head to the mall. It's nearly a half hour's drive, so I'm happy that Kai is with me, even if most of his time is occupied with subtly fondling my chest as he converses with Chev and Heather.

Once we reach the outlet, Kai unbuckles first my seatbelt, and then his own. Hand in hand we make our way off of the bus and into the nearest entrance.

Within seconds I'm bombarded by the scent of a million candles, though one stands out more than the others. 

"Is that supposed to be buttered popcorn?" Kai is holding his nose, a look of abject horror on his face as his eyes momentarily flit green.

I let out a giggle and shrug, watching most of the group react just as Kai did before dashing away into other stores.

Chev and Heaven are still with us, but Max is nowhere to be seen and I frown. I had hoped to get her alone in Victoria's Secret or something to talk about her outburst from the day before, but I guess she had other plans.

I purse my lips slightly, but manage to drop my speculative expression as Kai tugs me into the Bath & Body Works that seems to be expelling that horrid popcorn smell.

"I think I can smell your body wash." Kai's nose scrunches up in the most adorable way as he leads me through the store, zig-zagging through the clusters of people.

"That's not even possible! All I smell is popcorn."

Kai chuckles. "My nose is stronger than yours and I say I smell blueberries." I roll my eyes and groan, allowing him to lead me to a display table that actually does hold my preferred toiletries. I ignore Kai's display of pride as he stands beside me and grab a pair of each item, flushing as I pass most of them to Kai, realizing I hadn't bothered to get one of the store's holding bags.

"Is there anything else we can offer you sir?" 

The purred question draws my attention as the store attendant thrusts my bag of items blindly in my direction. He's blonde, and actually quite attractive, but he isn't my main concern. No, that would be literally sixty percent of the store staring at my boyfriend as though they want to offer the same thing.

I fight the urge to let out a scoff, instantly regretting my efforts to use my own card and wishing I had allowed Kai to purchase my items, even if it was a bit of a misogynistic and outdated show of possession.