{7}

Rebecca

. . .

When I awaken, my first instinct is to reach for Kai. Which I don't really have to do since I am splayed halfway across his chest. I then look for my pillows that had been a bit of a makeshift wall between us.

The ones between our legs remain, but the others have been strewn across my side of the room. So although I want to believe that Kai is the one who did this, I vaguely remember getting cold and tossing them aside as I sought out Kai's perpetual warmth.

Since I fell asleep before him and was too anxious to get away on the first night we slept beside one another, I take the opportunity to ogle him.

His chiseled face is relaxed and angeled toward where my head had been on my pillow, quite frankly his entire body is arching toward me I realize with a blush, planting my hands on the sheets as I roll off of him.

He grumbles, reaching for me, so I pick up my pillow and shove it in his arms, watching him relax and turn onto his other side as he cuddles it. Unable to resist, I pull out my phone and snap a picture, biting my lower lip to hold back my laughter.

For the first time since waking, I look at the clock. I'm up way earlier than usual, so I set about getting ready for school. I have my uniform hanging neatly in the closet and assorted undergarments beside it.

Grabbing my toiletry bag, I head for the shower.

I strip myself of my clothing, and step into the glass cubicle, finding that since this place was built by rich zealots, they also had a built-in bathtub inside. Though I am surprised as I see it is not a clawfoot.

Turning on the hot water, I assume it'll take a while to heat up, but am forced to jump back with a 'yip,' using my loofa to protect my skin as best as I can before turning the cold knob half-way.

Once the temperature is better, I begin the process of washing my body and hair.

I'm halfway through soaping my lower body for the second time when Kai bursts into the shower stall with me. I let out a quiet shriek, loofa tossed away and forgotten as I cover my breasts and lady parts with my hands.

"I swear to all that is holy, I'm not looking, but we've gotta hurry if we don't wanna be late," Kai exclaims, reaching for my body wash. He squirts an oversized glob that makes me flinch and I continue to stand there in stunned silence as he scrubs at his body. 

He finishes his scrubbing and steps under the spray, hanging his own loofa on the little built-in hook. "Can I use this?" Kai doesn't wait for my reply as he squirts a glob of my shampoo and conditioner into his palm and slathers the mixture onto his hair.

He closes his eyes and turns around, giving me the opportunity to rinse my body before stepping out of the shower. I duck into the bedroom and hastily dry my close to trembling body.

Putting on my body lotion, I follow up with my underwear, skirt, socks, shoes, and camisole before I realize that my hair is still wet. Cursing under my breath I head back into the bathroom, the steam thick enough to knock any would be wrinkles out of my skirt.

I begin the annoying process of drying my hair. It's completely bone straight, and the strands themselves are fine, but Lord knows there's a lot of them. I get it as dry as I can in this steam before I concede and settle for styling it into its usual half-up-half-down style and hoping for the best.