1 - Daniel Ricciardo

(Y/d/n = your daughter's name)

Y/n's POV

"Y/d/n, come here baby girl" I ran after my daughter of 3 years, Y/d/n, who was running away from me giggling.

We were in our small apartment in Perth, Australia. I've raised her alone since she was born, her father, my ex-boyfriend cheated on me.

He didn't bother to call me or else, he just left after he admitted he had done it.

Sometimes it's quite hard to do this on your own because I have no family and the only 'friends' that I have here in Perth, are from work and I wouldn't consider them close to me.

I had other friends who were close to me but they all left to work abroad.

"Mama !" Y/d/n snapped me out of my thoughts by making grabbing hands. As I picked her up, she instantly nuzzled in my neck and wrapped her small arms around my neck.

My boss from work, offered everyone VIP tickets to go see the Australian Grand Prix of Formula 1, Y/d/n was super excited when I told her we'd get to see fast cars so she couldn't stop moving since she woke up.

I dressed her in a cute outfit, she had a white dress on with a cute hat and some sunnies alongside sandals, and it was my turn to get prepared so I just put on a nice jumpsuit and some sneakers in case I need to run after Y/d/n. 

I didn't bother to wear make-up and we left for the race track with some of my female colleagues who had joined us.

As soon as we arrived at our VIP places, Y/d/n just wanted to get out of my grip but I was scared she'd run a bit far from me and get lost. Our tickets gave us access to a bunch of stuff including access to some of the paddocks and garages. 

I was given some small noise-canceling headset for Y/d/n so that her ears were protected from the strong noise of the cars. 

We walked through the pits visiting and taking pictures of some well-known boxes such as Mercedes and Ferrari, unfortunately, none of the drivers were in them but when we approached the Red Bull one, the drivers were already there. 

My colleagues immediately started to lower their shirts and reapply lipstick to try and make themselves more attractive which was very awkward to watch.

I stood there with a few others who were married and had dignity, we decided to take some pictures and I posed my baby girl as she smiled brightly. As the picture was taken I spotted a guy looking at us and another one whispering something in his ear. 

Let's just say I instantly blushed because the one looking at us was very handsome and he looked so serious but with a smirk that made my legs weak. 

He noticed me blush which caused me to look away. 

As I looked away to the track where everything was getting prepared, I felt a hand behind my back which made me turn around to see the handsome guy smiling brightly.

"G' day I'm Daniel" he said with a noticeable yet so sexy Aussie accent, Y/d/n giggled and waved her hand. 

She was more comfortable around him than I was, to be fair, that's because he's just so good-looking, I barely whispered my name. 

"Hi I'm Y/n"

He even asked permission to take Y/d/n in his arms and once again I couldn't place a word so I just nodded.

"You want to visit the paddock with mommy and me ?" he asked her and she eagerly said yes so I just followed along, my cheeks were still warm. He looked so hot with a toddler in his arms, my heart would skip a beat every time he would look at me and explain what it was. 

At some point, I understood he was Daniel Ricciardo, the famous Australian driver also known as the honey badger. I couldn't understand why he wanted me and Y/d/n with him around the paddock. 

"So Y/n what made a beautiful woman like you come here with such a cutie ?" he asked as Y/d/n rested her head on him which I wasn't going to lie is a very lovely sight. 

"We got VIP places thanks to my boss" I said looking at his amber eyes, he nodded and gave me back Y/d/n who was falling asleep and I understand he would need to get ready for the race in a few. 

"No husband to come with you ?" I knew where he was getting with his question but that didn't bother me. "Nope, I'm single" I could see the relief on his face that he somehow tried to hide which was cute.

"That's good to know" a blush appearing again on my cheeks.

"Really? Why is that ?" I asked and he smirked leaning over my shoulder whispering "Do you really want me to explain? I think we both know why" I giggled and answered whispering as well.

"alright come and find us after the race then" with that I left, leaving him awestruck.

*a few hours later*

Daniel had finished the race P1! Y/d/n was clapping and cheering as we watched the podium and the champagne ceremony. When the Australian anthem came he looked at everyone and winked at me. He then splashed everyone around with a big smile on his face, doing his famous 'shoey'. 

Everyone was now walking back to their garages and down the paddock to store everything away for the next race. I had hoped Daniel would have come to see us.

I was about to leave when I heard someone screaming my name. 

I turned around to see a sweaty panting Daniel with champagne all over him, some of his curls falling over his forehead.

Ugh, when is he not hot?

"I thought you wouldn't come that maybe you had found someone more interesting to party with" he huffed and pulled me into a hug. It wasn't weird with him even if it was the first day we had met.

"Now that I'm here how about we go dinner with Y/d/n ?" I smiled happy that he wanted her with us and nodded as we began to walk, the three of us on a brand new journey.

☁︎ ☁︎ ☁︎