43 - Lewis Hamilton (RQ)

Another request for queenofsunshyne, happy reading! 

Exterior POV

Lewis was couldn't stop looking at his favorite thing in the world, his girlfriend Y/n. She was sitting in the pit box looking around everything and talking with someone from the team staff. A headset on and with a bright smile on her face.

Lewis had asked formally Y/n to be his girlfriend last night after they had a lovely dinner on a rooftop restaurant, where they were, Singapore. 

They had been on many dates before, away from the public eye, but he wanted to wait and have a romantic setting to ask her out. 

However, they couldn't say it to anyone because Y/n was Toto's daughter and she was scared that he would forbid her to date 'his' driver. She didn't want her father to think that was distracting Lewis.

What Lewis and Y/n didn't know was that Toto and also Niki both knew that they were dating. 

They could see it, every time Y/n came to a race weekend to be with her dad, the way Lewis acted around the garage and his mood were different. 

One day Niki caught them sharing a quick kiss before Lewis had to do interviews and scared the poor blushing Y/n.

Lewis didn't want to lie to his boss and close friend, but due to the situation, it was for the best if the relationship remained a secret for a few days, at least.

Lewis is someone very searched and photographed by the media and his fans. He wanted to have his private life kept to himself and not plastered all over the news. 

"Lewis stop spacing out !" the British driver snapped out of his reverie as his engineer Simon gave him some datasheets to analyze.

Y/n giggled softly as she watched the scene in front of her.

"Sorry, sorry, I was looking at the other performances on the screen" Simon rolled his eyes and they proceeded to work for a few hours. 

The days before the race went smoothly, Lewis had done great during qualifying and scored another pole position of his career. Y/n was happy for Lewis and hoped he could keep this and have a podium. 

They'd stay in the same hotel rooms whenever Y/n would come. Toto didn't know that, but Y/n always made sure her dad knew where she was in case something happened.

Her mom knew that she was dating someone, but Y/n didn't tell her anything because she was afraid her mom would say something to her dad. 

Y/n and Lewis wanted to tell their families on their own and eventually 'announce' the news on social media.

They'd share what they want to and only what they want to, people can be so harsh and mean so it was for the best. 

Bullying on social media was what Lewis didn't want Y/n to go through. They talked about it one night as they were having dinner and they both were on the same page to be careful with Instagram, Twitter...etc.

Lewis was now in the car ready for the race and as soon as the lights went out he outdid himself. 

Having one of the best races of the year by far, one of the fastest pit stops of the season and overtaking Sebastian Vettel on the last lap was incredible.

Y/n was sitting next to her father during the whole thing and was impressed.

She couldn't hide her smile as Lewis lifted his trophy and sprayed the crowd with champagne. Toto was curious as to why his daughter was smiling so much and giggling. 

He found it rather amusing seeing her this happy, Niki was next to her and she had one of her arms wrapped around his small frame as they all applauded the winners. 

After packing everything for the next race, the whole team including Lewis and Valtteri were having dinner at one of the best restaurants in Singapore. 

Y/n was sitting between Lewis and her father and it was awkward, at least for her. 

She wanted to tell him but with Lewis's hand on her thigh under the table, she was distracted. Not to forget to mention, the food was delicious and Toto was in a deep conversation with Niki so it was hard to get him. 

The night ended with Lewis, Y/n, Toto, and Niki having a coffee and finishing up their desserts. They were the last ones in the restaurant and Y/n distanced her chair a little bit from Lewis and set her head on her dad's shoulder. 

"Guys there's no need to hide it anymore, we now," Toto said with a chuckle, Y/n snapped her head towards her father with red cheeks. Lewis was looking down with a small smile and Niki patted him on the shoulder.

"How in the world ?" Y/n asked shocked. 

"I saw you both kissing," Niki said winking at the uncomfortable couple. 

Y/n didn't want her dad to know it this way but at least it was said and was hopeful she could stay with Lewis without her dad interfering. 

"I have to admit it was funny seeing Lewis distracted when you were here," Toto said as he kept messing with his daughter and her boyfriend.

Toto said Y/n could date Lewis as long as he doesn't break her heart and doesn't make her cry, Y/n and Lewis left the restaurant relieved and happy they could be a couple. 

The following months, Y/n and Lewis dated secretly from the media, they avoided crowded places and attempted to hid it as much as they could. 

Which was for them the best and they loved not having attention on them and Lewis even had less paparazzi following him unless it was a big event and he had to pose for pictures. 

He often stopped as much as he could, to take selfies with his fans but Y/n stayed a little bit far so they wouldn't see them together. 

Around Christmas time which was off-season, Lewis and Y/n posted a picture on Instagram and made it 'official.' Lewis's fans were so happy and everyone did not expect this couple but they received many congratulations.

Y/n came to more races and her relationship with her dad was even better than before and with Lewis? They were inseparable and madly in love.