28 - Carlos Sainz

Exterior point of view

Y/n was tired, she had been studying for hours and just wanted to go to bed but she couldn't. A huge test was coming and she had to ace it. If she failed this one she would have to follow more classes. 

She was in her last year of journalism studies and she had a huge amount of assignments on her back, this workload was tiring her but she was happy. 

She had the sweetest boyfriend ever, Carlos, he was her biggest support and always pushed Y/n to be the best version of herself.

Even though she didn't see him very much on the weekends, she knew that he would be there for her no matter what. 

Carlos is an F1 driver and is constantly training and traveling but Y/n was very proud of him.

The way they met was very cliché but it was very cute. Y/n was getting out of a coffee shop in Monaco after working extra hours to pay for her studies and Carlos happened to run into her and walked her home. 

Ever since that day, they started dating and their love continues to grow every day. Y/n tries to come with Carlos to some GPs but with journalism school, it's hard for her to juggle between homework and traveling. 

Carlos knew deep down inside of him that Y/n was the one, but he was waiting a bit before popping the big question. 

"Y/n? Amor are you home ?" Carlos asked while opening the door of their brand new shared apartment. 

They moved together 4 months ago during winter break. Y/n wanted to pay the rent but Carlos being hotheaded refused and bought the apartment so that they wouldn't argue about it.

"In here !" Y/n's hoarse voice alarmed Carlos the minute he heard it. 

Taking off his shoes and setting down his gym bag, he walked over where Y/n was. In the dining room where all her work was on the table. 

Carlos did not like what he saw in front of him, his girlfriend looked tired and barely able to stand. 

"Hello, mi amor" Carlos kissed his girlfriend's forehead and kneeled in front of her so that he could be at her height.

"Hey, how was training ?" she asked pushing her glasses up on the top of her head. 

"Good but if I had known I'd come home to see you like this, I would have come home earlier" Carlos lightly scolded her rubbing her thighs.

"It's nothing I was just finishing up some essays and studying for that huge test I have tomorrow" Y/n tried to ease Carlos but she knew he didn't like to see her like this.

"Well you're done for today" Y/n tried to refuse but Carlos scooped her on his shoulder and sat her on the kitchen isle, they shared a long kiss and Carlos to make dinner for the two of them while she watched and enjoyed his presence.

They ate dinner watching their favorite TV show and talked about a few things and travel plans. 

The next day came quickly and Y/n did her test and was now home waiting for the results. As surprising as it is when the students in her school do a test they get their grade later in the day.

She couldn't contain her nerves, she tried to distract herself by doing some laundry and cleaning the house but nothing worked.

As soon as she heard the notification on her computer, she ran to it and opened the email with the results.

Unfortunately, it wasn't what she expected. She failed her test and had to follow extra classes online from now on. 

Deception filled Y/n's body, she had worked so hard on that test to fail it like that, tears started to roll down her cheeks and she cried in her bed for hours.

Carlos bid goodbye to his neighbor Max he had encountered in the elevator and opened the door of his apartment relieved he was finally home. 

Expecting to find Y/n in the living room watching TV or in the balcony admiring the beautiful sunsets Monaco had to offer Carlos frowned not seeing his girlfriend there.

He walked to his bedroom and heard Y/n's sobs which broke his heart immediately. Some could say it's just a test but that would make no sense. 

"Carlos is that you ?" Y/n sobbed snuggled in the bed covers, her side of the bed was filled with tissues and her nightstand too. 

"Yes love, do you want me to get you something to cheer you up ?" Y/n answered him a small 'yes' asking for some ice cream and pizza from their favorite place a few blocks away from the apartment.

While Carlos went to get that, he thought about surprising Y/n with something more special.

A puppy.

He would do that tomorrow and surprise Y/n because she deserved it. He admires her and loves the fact that she's hardworking and never gives up without a fight.

He knew that her reaction tonight was because she was exhausted from all the work she has had for the past few months.

Carlos quickly got the pizza and ice cream and made it in no time home so that they could both go to bed early tonight.

*The next day"

Y/n was still sleeping when Carlos got out of the house, he drove to this shelter that had recently welcomed puppies according to the information on their website.

He got the puppy and the supplies needed and drove home knowing that his girlfriend wouldn't wake up early since today was Saturday and she tends to sleep a little bit more on the weekends. 

The new little fury friend who was a boy, by the way, was very calm and adorable.

Sure a puppy would ask for a lot of attention and care, but Carlos figured it would be perfect for both of them to bond over and have more energy around the house. 

Quietly entering their bedroom with the puppy, Y/n was still sleeping, Carlos put the small animal next to her and woke her up gently.

"Amor wake up I got you something" Carlos whispered in Y/n's ear.

She slowly opened her eyes and found this ball of cuteness right in front of her. She was still half asleep but softly smiled, Carlos took a picture of them with his phone and posted it on his Instagram.

"So a puppy uh ?" Carlos nodded and lied next to them on the bed.

"Thank you, Carlos, I love him so much already" Y/n snuggled close to her loving boyfriend with their new puppy between them

"You're welcome baby, I'm happy you love it"

They decided to name him Milo, he was such a calm puppy which Carlos and Y/n were very pleased about.

They spent the day making sure Milo felt comfortable in his new home and later in the day had a movie night, as a brand new family.