49 - Lando Norris (RQ)

This imagine was requested by hollywoodhills56, I hope you like it! 

Exterior POV

Lando and Y/n were best friends when they were very little. They spent every essential moment of their childhood together messing with their neighbors and pulling pranks on everyone. 

That was until Y/n had to move with her father to  Germany alongside her big sister. It broke Lando's heart, who never told her he had a crush on her.

Y/n didn't like the international school where she was and she missed Lando every day. She was happy for him when she found out he was starting a racing career and often tried to follow his races but due to the timezone, it was hard. 

They kept in touch but as they both grew up they distanced themselves but with no hard feelings. 

Lando missed Y/n so much that when he got his seat in Formula 1 he named his car after Y/n. Yes, he gave it her name and some people made fun of him but he knew it would give him luck. 

He also strangely felt safe when he entered the car like he had Y/n with him at every moment of a race.

It's been years since they saw each other but that was all going to change very soon.

Y/n's POV

"Y/n honey do you want some dessert ?" I turned my attention from the TV and saw my mom handing brownies to all of us on the couch. 

My dad's favorite sports TV show was about to begin and I'm going to watch with him since we share the same passion for motorsports. He introduced me to Formula 1 when I was a little girl and was still hanging out with my old neighbor and best friend Lando. 

We used to do everything together from sleepovers to pulling pranks on the mean old lady who would scold us.

We slowly stopped talking when I was forced to move away to Germany since my dad had a big job offer from Mercedes. He's an engineer and works on manufacturing pieces for racing cars and their development. 

I miss Lando and I hope I can see him again one day. 

"Yes mom" I thanked her as she passed me a plate with the brownies and some strawberries on the side covered with a little bit of white icing sugar.

"Today's top story, an interview with the Mclaren rookie driver Lando Norris" my cheeks flushed bright red as every member of my family smirked towards me. 

They always picked on me and said I had a crush for him. I'd say no but deep down inside of me, I knew it was true. 

The interview started and it was mostly about Lando before entering Formula 1 and his life was before but a random question was asked that made me blush even more than I already was.

"Why is your car's name Y/n ?" the interviewed asked Lando as he chuckled and rubbed his hand behind his neck. 

"I named it after someone who means a lot to me," he said after some hesitation on answering the slightly intrusive question.

My dad almost choked on his food and looked at me with a red face. I just shrugged and watched to rest of the interview which showed Lando's highlights of the season so far. 

*A few weeks later*

Ever since that interview aired my dad has been trying to get me to talk about Lando but I either stay silent or change the subject, my friends were also trying to do the same.