48 - Max Verstappen (RQ)

Request by tommohoran22, I hope you like it! 

Max's POV

"Max! Babe! I'm leaving for my appointment" I turned around from Brad, my trainer, and saw my girlfriend Y/n with her handbag and a folder in her hand. 

She was getting her wisdom teeth removed tomorrow and today was her last meeting with her doctor before the small surgery. 

Brad chuckled as I tried to finish a set of pull-ups but I couldn't focus because my girl looked too good. She was wearing a simple outfit yet it drove me crazy how good she looked. 

"Max focus on Brad please not me" Y/n giggled and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and left the apartment. 

Tomorrow was also my birthday and I was excited to see what Y/n had prepared for me. We have been together for 4 years now and each one of my birthdays she comes with a surprise and we end up spending the whole day together, even if I'm racing. 

"MAX !" I snapped out of my daydream and went back to working out for next week's Grand Prix. 

*A few hours later*

Y/n sighed as she relaxed her head against my chest. We were watching the sunset and we had dinner on our small but spacious balcony. 

"Babe ?" I hummed in response as I brushed my hands past her hips.

"I have to admit I'm a little bit scared for tomorrow, what if something goes wrong ?" she asked with a trembling voice. 

I chuckled and took her in for a huge hug to which she relaxed and we shared a simple but sweet kiss as the sun went down here in Monaco. 

The night went by quickly, I was now driving Y/n to her appointment. She had woken me up with breakfast in bed that she had made. 

It was perfect, she made pancakes from scratch, a nice warm coffee and a side of fruit. It's safe to say that the day was off to a great start. 

She also surprised me with a gift which was one of the watches I was looking for, a brand new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Full Platinium, a rare find that Y/n knew I wanted. 

I could feel she was nervous, the whole car ride she was looking over the window and checking the hours on her phone. It's the little things I noticed she does when she's nervous. 

Once I pulled up to the dentist's office, Y/n grabbed my hand and begged me to come with her. I don't blame her for being scared, on the contrary, I hated coming to the dentist too. 

Their tools scare me and I'm happy I don't come often. 

We walked with Y/n into the office and she was nicely welcomed. The nurses helped her getting comfortable and told her the doctor would be soon here. 

I waited for him to come before I had to leave to go train, then after training, I'd pick up Y/n.

"Good morning miss Y/l/n, are you ready to do this ?" Y/n slowly nodded scared and I kissed her forehead before leaving the room and joining Brad.

She was obviously fine with me leaving and we had talked about it a few days ago when we were planning our week. Plus, the dentist's office had my number to call me as soon as he's done so I could pick up my girl.

Brad had decided to make me train not too far so I could reach to Y/n faster. 

Today was light, I only had to do some resistance band exercises for my arms, some lifting, and also exercises for my neck's strength. I ran an extra two miles so that I could get some more movement.

After stretching and talking future workouts sessions with Brad, my phone buzzed with a text from the Dentist's office saying Y/n was out and they had put her in a recovery room.

Since she had to be put to sleep in order for the wisdom teeth removal to go well.

I bid goodbye to Brad and drove to the dentist. When I got there, the assistant directed me to the room where my girl was and there she was, laying down in a comfortable sleeping state. 

I sat next to her and waited for her to wake up so I could help her get dressed and go home. 

My phone wouldn't stop buzzing with birthday wishes and I tried to answer everyone on social media but there were too many of them

"Max ?" Y/n's raspy voice distracted me from my phone.

I turned to see Y/n slowly opening her eyes, I took her hand in mine and brought my lips to her forehead. I couldn't kiss her cheeks not even her lips since they were numb and swollen.

I knew she felt guilty that my birthday was like that, she had mentioned but I didn't mind taking care of her. 

Y/n got up, the covers falling down resting on her lap. She whined touching her face and opened her arms so I could hug her. 

I took her in my embrace and helped her out of the bed so that she could put on her clothes.

After getting dressed and paying the bills, I drove us back home and warmed some soup we had in the fridge. Y/n went to the bed and laid down making sure her cheeks weren't squished against the pillow. 

I fed her the soup and she mumbled a small 'thank you.'

I ate a piece of the cake that my mom had left for us while we were both away for the day. She always had a spare key for when Y/n and I aren't in Monaco. 

When I finished washing the dishes, Y/n was already asleep with a look of discomfort on her face from the pain. 

I expected her to say silly things like in those funny videos you see on youtube but she didn't she was more in pain than anything else. 

The next days were the same, I trained when she was still sleeping in the morning and then took care of her the rest of the day. 

She would thank me every time I'd a small gesture for her but I was happy I could take care of her.

It's the little things like these, that I'm glad I can do for her even though I'm away most of the time.