39 - Daniil Kvyat (RQ)

Imagine for RealKK18, happy reading!

Exterior POV

Daniil was distracted, ever since he had set foot on the paddock today his thoughts were distracting him from racing. 

It was because of her, Y/n, the new Sky Sports F1 TV presenter. She's a beautiful British woman, tall with gorgeous brown wavy hair and she turned heads when she walked in front of everyone. 

Some drivers including Daniil couldn't focus during interviews because she was too distracting. She didn't need to wear anything revealing to attract attention.

His race engineer, Mattia, was trying to get Daniil to focus but it was useless. His gaze would follow the beauty everywhere she went to interview someone or roam around the paddock with her colleagues.

They were all in Germany for this week's Grand Prix and it was predicted to be a wet race and everyone was making their predictions on who could score a podium.

It's safe to say that Daniil wasn't in most of the predictions but he was confident he could have some points here. 

Mattia hit Daniil's back of the head making him look back at the datasheets, they studied all of them before getting the car out for the last free practice.

As for Y/n, she was watching everything closely but she was intrigued by Daniil. 

She thought the Russian driver was one of the best she's ever seen, the way he fought to keep a good place and his late-breaking were incredible. 

What Y/n didn't like was that a lot of F1 insiders were very critical on Daniil or Dany as she liked to call him. They would talk around and say he was the one who messes everything on the race track.

Which was not true but Y/n would ignore them and proceed with her work.

The last round of free practice was very odd, to say the least, Mercedes and Ferrari were on the top of the time but Y/n felt something was weird for some reason.

A few cars were almost running into the wall after a very tight corner which made her worry that I could happen during the race. 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard someone say "The Toro Rosso crashed," she looked at the screen in front of her and saw it was Dany's car. He was still conscious and even managed to get out of the car. 

The bolide looked reparable and Y/n's boss had told her to jump on him for an interview, which she felt was a little bit pressured to do so. 

The guy just had had an accident and she didn't want to bother him.

She still went through and walked towards him with her microphone and her cameraman following her closely.

As for Daniil, he was overwhelmed with emotions but told himself it was practice and not qualifying. He would probably need to start from the back of the grid but he was safe and had no injury so he was 'happy.'

As he walked down the paddock to join his motorhome he saw his crush, Y/n, walking in his direction, he knew she would interview him. 

So he stopped and smiled at her, saying to Mattia that he'll answer her questions and then join him. 

 Y/n approached and waved at Daniil.

"Daniil is ok if I ask you a few questions ?" He nodded and took a sip of his water bottle as his PR agent joined him running. 

"Sure, go ahead" they both locked eyes, and Y/n blushed out of instinct.

"So what happened with the car out there? Are you ok, nothing injured I hope ?" Daniil chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm good, the car slipped and I just hit the corner, unfortunately, I think I might start from the back of the grid but we'll see" Y/n saw how he look disappointed in himself which broke her heart.

Y/n patted his shoulder and closed the interview. She could feel her cheeks still warm and prayed that no one would notice her blush. 

Daniil loved her small gestures.

Her cameraman had already walked away but she was just standing there like a statue, she wanted Daniil to go for a drink but she was scared he would say no. 

A wave of confidence flew through her and she called his name. He turned around, surprised but happy Y/n had reached out to him. 

"Hey Daniil, I know I shouldn't do that but I was thinking if you're up for some drinks after the race ?" 

Y/n's question surprised both her and Daniil, he did not expect that at all but he gladly accepted her offer and told her to join him at his hotel bar Sunday night. 

The days went by and Sunday came in quickly, Daniil was starting at the back of the grid and it had started raining. Y/n was in the commentary box with a great view of the race track, the fans were all screaming and cheering. 

The lights went out and the race was spectacular, one of the Mercedes cars had crashed into the wall, both Renaults had engine failures and one of the Mclaren's car crashed with a Racing Point. 

One of the biggest surprised from this weekend was Daniil Kvyat scoring a podium for Toro Rosso. Y/n was so happy for him after his disastrous free practice and starting position. 

The way he looked at his trophy proved to everyone that he was a great driver and he shut the doubters up. 

He needed that win to show he has the talent and that this F1 seat is his.

After packing everything up and closing the TV show for the week-end, Y/n went back to her hotel room to change outfits and retouch her makeup a little bit. 

A uber drove her to Daniil's hotel, he was waiting for her when she arrived and he looked very handsome, he had a small bouquet of flowers in his hands that he then gave to her.

They had a nice date, getting to know each other and talking about his big win and strategies. Daniil was a gentleman with Y/n and they both admitted their mutual feelings. 

This date blossomed into a beautiful relationship that they had to hide from the public for a little while before announcing it on social media.

It was hard for Daniil and Y/n to hide it because they wanted everyone to know but his fans and the media could get quite intense. 

Once it was known, Daniil's team and friends seemed genuinely happy for him and it was the same for Y/n's family. 

They never thought they would be dating if Y/n didn't make the first move because Daniil is very shy but here they are, together.