63 - Daniel Ricciardo

I have to say that I'm so happy for Daniel first and foremost before starting this imagine! This was a long overdue podium and well deserved!

Well, I hope you like this one!

Exterior POV

The paddock was slowly filing itself with people as the races went on, some were even accepting back fans and it was a delight for the teams to see them cheering, supporting their favorite drivers.

Daniel was tired from the previous week-ends but happy to be in Germany after quite some time. He proceeded to do his Covid test with Michael so that they could start working on the data and train.

Michael did notice a slight change in the mood of Daniel, he saw that he was smiling more than usual and was joking more if that was even possible. Daniel had mentioned his sister was pregnant again and maybe that explained such happiness.

After such a horrible year for the entire world, the news were a breath of fresh air for Daniel's family and close relatives.

"Michael, can you hand me my helmet please ?" Daniel was getting ready to take some pictures with his helmet for the week which was made to honor a German charity that fights for mental health.

"Sure" Michael answered as he gave the helmet. Daniel posed for a few pictures and was joined by a few members of the charity and they turned out amazing. They even had made some masks with his helmet designs for sale for the charity.

As they were finishing up the photoshoot, Y/n was walking by with her friend Max Verstappen. It was her first time at one of these and she was intimidated by everything, from the race track to the photographers and some fans cheering outside of the entry gates.

The reason she was here was that Max could invite one friend for the race, and she's a photographer so she hoped she could get some sweet shots of special moments. Especially cars from different angles.

Y/n was beautiful there was no denying that the minute she stepped in the paddock she turned heads without even noticing. Fortunately for her, Max was probably the only friend who didn't ask her out or was disrespectful towards her as many boys had been previously.

He was also beside her family the only one who supported her in doing photography.

Daniel was among the guys who turned their heads when they saw her stunning smile and bright eyes full of happiness walking around with a camera around her neck. The minute he saw her he was in awe, he stopped what he was doing which was an interview, and watched her walk with Max.

Esteban Ocon chuckled as his teammate didn't even flinch when he was asked a question. He just stared at her as Max introduced Y/n to his friends and colleagues. Thankfully Ted Kravitz who was asking the questions changed the subject once he noticed Daniel looking at Y/n.

Later during the day, Max was busy with his team working data and Y/n had been authorized to wander around the track to take pictures and evacuate from all this chaos.

She now understood why Max loved this somehow, the people running around, the sound of the loud engines and fans calling your name as you walk by.

She was so distracted that she didn't notice a bike running straight into her, but before she could fall to the ground a pair of firm hands caught her. 

Amber eyes looking down at her and the charming smile of Daniel Ricciardo. 

Y/n looked into his eyes and felt her cheeks reddened. His arms were tightly wrapped around her waist and they looked like they were in a romantic movie standing like that. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" Y/n apologized as she stood properly in front of Daniel. 

"It's alright, are you ok though ?" Daniel asked and she nodded wiping the dust on her clothes. 

"I'm fine thanks to you" she looked down to avoid blushing again and saw her camera on the floor, completely broken. 

"Oh damn," she picked it up sadness taking over her. 

It was one of her first cameras ever, she took it with her to most of her trips and it had captured many moments special for her. 

"I'm so sorry about your camera, is there anything I can do ?" Y/n shook her head no and picked up the remaining pieces of the camera. 

"My name is Daniel by the way," he said smiling at her. 

"I'm Y/n, nice to meet you, Daniel. Max always talks about you" Daniel chuckled, the Formula 1 driver could see that she was sad for her camera but she was trying to covering it up.

"Well Y/n do you want to go back to the paddock ?" she agreed and they walked back together as Daniel showed around the track. 

He explained to her a few historic details and Y/n could see how passionate he was. He was also very handsome so that was a bonus. 

Once they reached Max's motorhome Y/n bid her goodbyes to Daniel and they shared a quick hug. 

"I'll see you soon Y/n" he winked at her and quickly left.

The weekend went by smoothly and Daniel ended up winning the race alongside Max and Charles since the Mercedes had crashed into each other.

Y/n had the chance to be with the team to watch the podium and the post-race interviews. She didn't fail to see Daniel winking at her as he accepted his trophy. 

What Y/n didn't expect to happen was a gift waiting for in Max's motorhome. 

The nicely wrapped box revealed a brand new camera similar to the one that had broken while she ran into Daniel, the gift came also with a note written in foreign handwriting. 

I hope this can make up for the previous camera you had that seemed to mean a lot for you. Here's my number, text me anytime. ;)

-Daniel

Y/n prayed that no one saw her blush for the hundred times this weekend. While turning on the camera she saw there was one single picture already taken.

It was Daniel's smiling face. 

She giggled and kept the camera blessed for the opportunity to have a brand new one. 

As weeks went by, Y/n finally got the guts to call Daniel while both were in the United Kingdom and they went on a date.

Daniel took her to a picnic and they ended with a kiss, that started something quite special between the two of them.