42 - Lewis Hamilton (RQ)

This was requested by queenofsunshyne, I hope you like it!

Lewis's POV

With a smile on my face, I kissed my girlfriend's forehead and rubbed her rounded bump before leaving the house to go to the airport. 

I'll be going away for work, I'm a Formula 1 driver and this weekend I'm going to Japan for its Grand Prix. I've always loved Suzuka, the fans there are the best and they give the best welcome. 

However, I wasn't leaving with a rested mind knowing that my girl is staying alone pregnant. We're expecting a baby girl in about 4 months, and I was scared to let her on her own. 

At least our two dogs Roscoe and Coco would be staying to keep her some company.

It was a big surprise when she told me she was pregnant but nonetheless I was happy that our family was expanding. I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms and take naps with her. 

I thought I would want kids after racing but this unexpected bundle coming our way made me happier than anything.

"Have a safe trip Lewis, I love you" Y/n said and we kissed one last time before my uber driver was honking outside to take me to the airport. 

"I love you too, be safe please" I nodded and waved one last time at her before closing the door of our home. 

We bought a home in the English countryside with a nice garden for the dogs, a barbecue and a big pool for our silent afternoons during my break. It had extra security and we were more than happy with space. 

We had spare bedrooms and Y/n started decorating our baby girl's room with a crib and I painted it myself when I had time. T

he colors were neutral but the room was so welcoming and our families were all happy for us. 

I did notice Roscoe and Coco being more protective towards Y/n which was pretty cute, sometimes when I would get home from training I would find all of them laying down on the couch with their heads on Y/n's bump.

Arriving at the airport, I met with Angela and we met with the flight attendant that takes care of us when I fly with my private jet. 

*A few days later*

Suzuka has been great, the fans welcomed us as we expected, with excitement and smiles. I got so many presents from them for Y/n and our baby girl which warmed my heart.

The free practices and qualifying were good so today, race day, I'm starting P2 and I hope I can get a win for the team. 

The drivers' parade was nice, I had a chance to talk with Daniel and Sebastian who had recently welcomed a baby boy. He gave me tips on how to handle newborns and told me it would get easier with time. 

I walked to the car, nervous as usual before every race and Angela handed me the phone, it was Y/n Facetiming me with both my mum next to her.

She wished me good luck and it was time for me to climb in the car, I already had my race helmet on and I erased every distraction from my mind. 

Angela gave me my water bottle as the mechanics and engineers finished inspecting the car. They all soon left the track and we went on to do the formation lap before the lights went out and we raced. 

We opted for a two pit-stop strategy which helped me overtake Max Verstappen on the last laps and Valtteri managed to sneak his way behind me. 

I won the Grand Prix, happy for the team, and the points we scored in the constructors' championship but also for the world title.