45 - George Russell (RQ)

Requested by shestands, I hope you like it! (I changed a few things to make it a little bit better) 

Exterior POV

The first Monday of May was here and so was the Met Gala. Y/n, one of the best top models of the moment was getting ready in her hotel room. Her dress was laying on her bed as her hair and makeup were getting done. 

She was supposed to be attending with her boyfriend but they have broken up ever since so she was going alone. 

Y/n was dating the British Formula 1 driver George Russell but their relationship came to an end after Y/n found out he had cheated twice on her, during race weekends. 

No one knew about the cheating and she wanted it that way, Y/n was never one to humiliate others for their mistakes but she was angry with George and deep down in her heart she didn't know if she could forgive him completely. 

She still remembers to this day when she discovered about the cheating, they were arguing about long-distance relationships and George spat the truth out. 

The moment is still engraved in her mind, how she pulled away from him, and tears were flowing down her cheeks. 

She wanted to erase that from her mind but every time she saw something related to Formula 1, her heart would immediately start to beat faster and she would think about George's safety. 

She always would worry whenever George entered in his racing car, especially after he moved to Mercedes after Valtteri's departure. He started getting more podiums and career wins which was amazing for him.

Yet, George forgot about the beautiful Y/n who was working as he was but always thinking of him. Never in her life, she thought of cheating she wasn't raised to be like that.

Anyway, she knew George and Lewis were invited to the Met Gala and if she was being honest to herself she was anxious to see her ex again. Especially after the way, things were left between them she sensed it was going to be awkward.

Once everything was finished, Y/n's stylist helped her getting into her dress and put on her heels. since she couldn't bend down otherwise the dress would rip. 

It was a gorgeous custom made Zuhair Murad strapless dress with gold embroidery and navy blue details. It framed her body beautifully and she couldn't wait to see some of her friends there. 

There were groups of fans waiting for her as she left the hotel, Y/n waived at them and carefully entered in the van that would take her to the Gala

Her PR agent was with her and the whole ride to the event was in good spirits. They discussed future photoshoots and red carpets coming after this one and more work. 

Once the car pulled up the venue, here she was, nervous but happy to be at one of the most exclusive events of the year, the Met Gala.

Y/n was helped to get out of the car and slowly made her way to the photographers, the flashing lights already blinding her.

Her name was soon called to pose for pictures and she did it gracefully. Zuhair Murad's designer posed with her for a few snaps and she finished walking up the stairs looking behind her smiling. 

As she did that, she spotted Lewis Hamilton and George Russell with their designer and agents. 

Her heart started beating faster and she entered the venue looking for her friends who were in the modeling and fashion industry. 

It was obvious she wanted to avoid George and she did not want to talk to him. It would somehow ruin her night and bring memories back.

Gigi Hadid, one of her closest friends, called her name and ran to her with wide-open arms. They hugged and chatted for a little while about some modeling gigs they're having after the gala also planned to see each other. 

"Isn't that Miss Gigi Hadid and Y/n Y/l/n ?" the two beauties turned around and saw Lewis Hamilton standing there with a smirk on his face. 

Right behind him was George who looked like someone who didn't want to be here. 

Y/n awkwardly waved at him as he greeted Gigi with a hug, she took a step back and waited for their conversation to be over. 

Eventually, she noticed they wouldn't stop talking sooner so she opted to go to the bathroom and would try to find her after. 

The bathroom wasn't crowded which was a relief for Y/n, usually, all celebrities would be there and take selfies in the mirror since no one could film or reveal anything inside the party. 

After long minutes of attempting to zip her dress up, Y/n managed to do it and get out of that small bathroom stall. She thought she would wash her hands peacefully but a British F1 driver had to enter the room.

George stumbled in the bathroom by pure mistake and was nose to nose with his ex-girlfriend. He wanted to back away but all the memories came back in an instant and his heart broke.

"Y/n I-" She looked away and tried to walk past him but he grabbed her forearm and brought her close.

"Please George, I don't want to talk to you" George bowed his head and didn't let go of Y/n. They stayed like this for a long minute before she harshly pulled away from him.

He brought her close again and planted his lips on hers.

First, Y/n didn't want to let go, George's scent captivated her and she was so used to kissing him that it turned into a makeout session. His hands were now on her hips and her hands wrapped around his neck.

George was surprised no one had come in the bathroom. They weren't presentable and it could cause a scandal.

Y/n quickly came back to her senses and pushed George away for once and for all. She couldn't believe she had done this.

"Leave me alone George"

With a defeated sigh, she left the bathroom and joined her table. Gigi was waiting for her and the rest of the evening was great. However, Y/n couldn't help but glance at his table. 

The kiss was still in the back of her head but she refused to go down that lane. 

The Met Gala ended late after the dinner and concert, Y/n went back to her hotel room happy she could spend an eventful evening with her friends and close things with her ex.

As for George, he went back to his place in New York not being able to take Y/n out of his mind. He knew the severity of his mistakes and for him, unfortunately, there's no going back to the love of his life.

 He knew the severity of his mistakes and for him, unfortunately, there's no going back to the love of his life