59 - Daniel Ricciardo

Y/n's POV

"And Max Verstappen wins his 9th Grand Prix here in Silverstone after a brilliant race and strategy" screams Crofty as Max, Daniel's former teammate wins this weekend's GP.

I checked my boyfriend's place in the race and I knew he was going to be either mad or sad when he'd get home. Daniel had qualified very well yesterday putting him on the second row for the start, but after a great race start, it seems like Renault's strategy didn't pay well since he dropped 9 places.

I listened to some post-race interviews and I could hear the disappointment in my boyfriend's voice. What left me surprised was that he barely wanted to answer the questions which is not his usual mood even after loosing a race or not entering in the points.

Maybe a surprise from the baby and I could help him cheer up a little bit.

I'm six months pregnant and still going, baby's healthy and we decided to keep the gender unknown. Which Daniel thought was a great idea so we could decorate the bedroom in neutral tones and not blast the baby's room with pink or blue.

I think a nice dinner and a movie would be the perfect way to put a smile on Daniel's face with also some cuddling here and there.

Knowing Daniel and his hardworking behavior, he won't be here right after the end of the debriefs with the team. He's going to want to stay with Michael to see where he could've improved and what he can do to be better for the next race weekend which gives me plenty of time to prepare everything.

Looking through the fridge I found some zucchini and fresh salmon I'm going to bake in the oven and maybe cook some rice too.

I seasoned all of it and set the oven to the highest temperature so that the dinner could cook evenly. Daniel usually hates when his salmon comes cooked half way through and is still a little bit raw on the inside and me being pregnant I can't eat raw fish obviously.

I had a quick bath with essential oils to relax the muscles of my back and came in time to take dinner out of the oven. I put one of Daniel's largest t-shirts and some underwear, ditching the pants.

My bump was smaller than usual according to my OBGYN and was probably the reason why our baby has yet to kick. I love seeing it under his t-shirts and I feel much more confident with myself being pregnant. My skin is glowing and I don't have to worry with my period for 9 months so that's a plus.

''Babe? I'm home !'' that was the voice of my caring boyfriend entering our apartment with his backpack on, his work bag on one hand and a bouquet of flowers on the other.

I got out of the kitchen to see him taking his shoes off and handing me the bouquet. Kissing my forehead, he lowered himself and hugged my bump gently making sure he wasn't embracing me to tight.

''Come on I made us dinner'' I took his hand in mine and led him to the dining/living room where I had set the table with a few candles.

''You didn't have to Y/n, I would've been fine with takeout too love'' I kissed his cheek shushing him and we sat down to eat what I prepared, which might I add, was absolutely delicious. Daniel was silent and vaguely talked to me about the race, I really wanted to cry of frustration for him but I didn't want him to see me sad.

''I know you're frustrated right now Dan but if you want to talk about it we can, I'm here for this'' he nodded and scooped me in his arms leaving our dirty plates on the table and walking to our bedroom.

He carefully set me down and gave me my pregnancy pillow so that I could rest my bump without any pain. I watched him as he got undressed only in his briefs and laid down wrapping his arms around my rounded stomach.

I felt the baby move around, the best feeling in the world in my opinion. I didn't mind the stretch marks and changes my body was going through, the fact that a tiny human was growing inside if me convinced enough to not worry about a thing concerning my body image.

''You know, I still can't believe we're going to have a baby'' Dan said with his husky voice.

I bit my lip trying to stop the smile that wanted to breakout and took his hand resting on my bump in mine wrapping our fingers together.

''Me too, it still feels unreal but I'm more than ready'' I answered as Dan peppered kisses down the back of my neck.

''I'm pretty sure it's a little dude'' I laughed at his statement turning around so that we could be facing each other. Snuggling my head in his neck, Daniel brushed his fingers through my hair softly.

''Really? What makes you think that ?'' He shrugged and I kissed him deeply having missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

''I don't know babe, I just feel it, it's the daddy instinct" I giggled and we laid there bickering between each other to see who was right about the gender of our future bundle of joy.

*The next day*

"Alright so try to finish this sequence of push ups and then we're done for today's training" Michael, Dan's performance coach and close friend ordered him to do so.

Daniel was training on the large balcony of the apartment and I was typing away some emails helping my colleagues out at work. He was determined to have better race weekends ahead and wanted to push for more which I admired a lot his strength.

For some reason today I'm nauseous again like in the beginning of my pregnancy and it made it difficult to eat something without throwing it up, the only thing going down was the nice camomille tea Daniel made me before working out.

I catch him looking towards me where I'm laying on the couch, my laptop sitting on the top of my bump. I know I'm a distraction with the baby but it makes my heart melt how much he cares for both of us.

Michael didn't mind Daniel being distracted which I was grateful for but I needed him to focus more otherwise he is going to struggle a lot the next weekend. I sighed quietly and went back to typing for a little bit before standing up and going to the kitchen to make myself another tea.

Baby was not on my side today, another wave of nausea hit making me grab the kitchen counter.

"Y/n are you sure you're ok ?" I nodded giving Michael a faint smile.

Dan looked up from his position and quickly walked over me pressing his palm over my bump.

"Baby you're giving mama a hard time uh ?" I brushed my fingers over his head and relaxed into his touch. It's crazy how his touch could calm me and the baby under 30 seconds.

Before I could answer I felt the strongest kick ever over Dan's palm. The baby's first kick, Daniel looked at me with his eyes widened and a huge smile broke on his face and I mirrored his reaction.

"Oh my, we have ourselves a kicker here !" Daniel kissed my bump and I noticed Michael filmed the sweet moment which I was happy about.

"We do" Daniel was over the moon with the baby kicking in his hand for the first time.

The day ended with Daniel buying pizza because I was horribly craving it and we laid on the couch watching Talladega Nights and laughing until we couldn't breathe. I knew Daniel's mood was doing better and I was glad he was feeling himself again.