34 - George Russell (RQ)

Imagine for edgemydiamond, happy reading! 

Y/n's POV 

"Peek-a-boo! Peek-a-boo !" my two-year-old daughter, Della, giggled as I played with her on the playmat. She had some teeth sticking out already, her smile showing off her dimples she got from her dad. 

"Mama! Eat, mama" I picked my sunshine and put her in her high chair, I made her some dinner which was some mashed sweet potato and chicken. 

Her dad, George, my boyfriend of 4 years, was out at work. He's a Formula 1 driver and is most of the time out traveling or working on data but he makes sure to always have time for us.

I met him when he was starting his career in F1, I was working as a manager of the Silverstone circuit and when he introduced himself I fell in love immediately.

Speaking of him, I heard the keys jingling meaning he was home, his days could get quite long but seeing him walking through the door was already enough for me.

"Look who's here baby girl" Della squealed lifted her arms excitedly making 'grabby' hands, she had finished her dinner so I took her out of her chair and she ran with her little legs towards George. 

He picked her up peppering kisses all over her face making giggles rubble out of her chest. 

"Dada !" Della said laying her head on her shoulder. 

George walked over to the kitchen where I was with our baby girl in his arms. 

"Hi gorgeous, how is the love of my life doing ?" George placed a sweet kiss on my cheek with Della still resting in his arms. 

"Quite good, how was your day babe ?" I asked placing George's and I dinner in the oven. 

"Great, I have some good news by the way" I frowned with a smile and started setting the table with George helping me.

"Do share the news love" he went to his gym bag and took out some VIP paddock passes with a beam on his face.

"I asked the team if you and Della could come and they gave me VIP passes for you both so I can have you two supporting me at the GP next week" 

My eyes widened smiling at him. 

"No way! That's great love, we would love to come" 

He smiled and said he was going to take a shower while dinner finished cooking, I put baby Della in her bassinet and let her fall asleep. 

She was a fast sleeper snuggling with her teddy bear that was given by her uncles from all F1 teams, she was tired after playing today, we went to the park and she didn't have her nap. 

I waited for George to be done with his shower sitting on the couch watching some news

Once he was done, we had dinner and talked about how we would do with Della on the trip.

*the next week*

"George don't you forget her pacifier otherwise you'll have to come back to the apartment !" I strapped Della to her seat and sat next to her in the car waiting for George. 

We were going to the Hungarian Grand Prix and it was time for us to go or we would be very late for our flight. 

We were flying early so Della could adjust to the time zone and get accustomed to the environment around us.

George arrived with Della's Pacifier and our uber driver took off. 

We arrived at the airport running with me holding Della in her baby carrier and George with our luggage. The flight attendant let us go through the gates and we made it on time. 

We covered Della's ears so that the cabin pressure wouldn't hurt her.

A few hours later we landed, Della had slept the whole way while George worked on some data and I just watched a movie. 

We made it to Budapest safely, we decided an AirBnB suitable for children would be better than going to the hotel.

At least where we were there were some toys for her since we couldn't pack much of hers and baby barriers so she wouldn't go to dangerous places in the home. 

It even had a proper bed for her so we were very happy.

While George went through FP1 and FP2 I visited Budapest which was beautiful, the sun was shining and my baby girl was happy.

I bought some souvenirs and did some shopping. 

Qualifying wasn't so good for George, he had an engine failure which caused him to retire the car so he will have to start at the back of the grid for the race. 

When he came from qualifying he seemed down so with Della we decided to cheer him up by baking a cake and put on some music lift the mood up.

He was happy with the surprise and it put a smile on his face. 

We ate some cake, danced around and I could feel George was happy. Della was smiley and I felt George was feeling better for the race the next day. 

Which was successful, George made it to the podium which shocked everyone. He finished second and lifted the trophy with a huge smile on his face. Della and I were cheering in the pit box.

I'm so proud of him, from the back of the grid to P2.

The team celebrated quite a lot, George enjoyed the podium ceremony and sprayed champagne all over everyone.

Della and I watched him so happy to see him winning doing what he loves the most which is racing. He looked over us winking with a little smirk on his face. 

Once everything was dealt with media, George, Della and I went to celebrate his first podium in Formula 1 to the restaurant we got our favorite meals and had the best time ever.

However the week after, Della and I had to stay home because I didn't want her to travel too much since she was still very young. We watched George race from home but with all our hearts with him.

 We watched George race from home but with all our hearts with him