6 - Jenson Button

Y/n POV

This was not my day, I had spilled my cup of tea on my boss at work, deleted an important file and I was nauseous the entire day. Ugh, I just wanted to go home, curl up in my bed and watch a good tv show with my boyfriend Jenson.

I wish he was here though, he was away for work and I was completely alone. My friends had their family lives with kids so I couldn't see them that much. 

This past week I have been feeling so sick, I want to throw up and the smell of food makes me feel wobbly. I feel dizzy in the morning. 

Yet I noticed something, my period was late and that could mean one thing. I could be pregnant but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Jenson and I had tried and we succeeded but my grandfather passed away and I had a miscarriage from shock and stress. 

Jenson was my rock and I was so grateful he was in my life. 

Since then we haven't talked about having a baby, he's a racing driver so when we see each other we spend time as much as we can together. 

I think he was coming home tomorrow in the evening. 

Should I take a test? I didn't want to get my heartbroken and would I be a good mother? Would Jenson be happy if we were expecting? 

I looked at my nightstand where I always kept a test in case it was needed. My hands instantly became clammy. Picking it up I went to our shared bathroom to do it, I had to wait 15 minutes before the result appeared. 

These minutes were the longest of my life, I called my mom to let her know what was happening and she tried to make me feel better but at this point, if I really was pregnant I wanted my baby to be ok. 

The clock on Jenson's nightstand indicated that the 15 minutes had passed and I was starring at the bathroom counter for so long. 

Picking it up with my eyes closed, I peeked with one eye, looking at two blue lines. 

"Oh" I sobbed, we were expecting again. 

This was unreal, I knew Jenson would be thrilled but I was just scared of losing it. 

I decided to make an appointment for tomorrow morning before he came home. If this was really happening I wanted to surprise him. 

After making the call I made dinner for me and then went to bed, anxious for the day that was coming. 

*The next day*

Thank god, my doctor had chairs in the waiting room. I could barely stand from being so nervous. 

Some may wonder why I'm like this that's because she's going to tell if this is a safe or risky pregnancy. I prayed all the heavens that everything would be alright.

"Ms. Y/n Y/l/n the doctor is waiting for you" 

I entered my doctor's office and she greeted me with a reassuring smile. "Welcome back Y/n, I'm delighted to see you again" I nodded slightly smiling while we shook hands. 

"When my secretary told me you were coming today I was happy, it's been so long"

She was the best obstetrician, always listening and here for me. 

"So tell me what's been bothering you" 

I breathed deeply and started explaining how I was feeling, nausea and dizziness. She was writing everything down and I was certainly more calm than before.

"Alright, we're going to do the urine test again, some blood tests and an ultrasound alright ?" I nodded and we proceeded with everything that had to be done.