CHAPTER 1: A Normal Morning

(Skip the italics part if you don't want a recap of what a Quirk is and what U.A. is)

The elite school known as U.A. Academia was perched peacefully as students shuffled inside their classrooms. Everyone sat in their arranged seats and waited 'till lessons began. You might be thinking, pretty normal thing to do, huh?

Do not fret if you are not aware of what U.A. means. What you should fret about is its capabilities. In your universe, it's kind of like the possibility of getting into N.A.S.A. out of 10,000 people. Almost impossible. In this world, 80% of the population now has a superpower, known as a "Quirk". These Quirks come in a variety of types, but they all have their limits. The first person to manifest a Quirk was a in the city of , who had the ability to emanate light from their body. After that incident, many people around the world began to manifest different kinds of special abilities. These Quirks could manifest from either one of their parents' Quirks or could be a combination of the two quirks, or could be a composite of separate quirks. Take Todoroki Shoto's case, whose mother's quirk is ice and whose father's quirk is fire. His quirk ended up being half-cold half-hot, which means he possesses both quirks as a composite. In rare cases, a person may manifest a Quirk that is entirely unrelated to their genetic lineage, akin to a mutation.

Morning wore down quickly. Shoto Todoroki suppressed a heavy yawn as he sat, forced to listen to Aizawa's lecture about Heroes and its contribution to modern technology. His half-white, half-red hair glittered slightly as the morning ray entered the classroom window. He picked up his pencil but didn't write anything. There was nothing he wanted more now than a cold bowl of soba. Yes, soba sounds nice. It had been on his mind the entire day, and he was surprised nobody could hear his stomach growling from time to time. He looked up at the student sitting in front of him, Fumikage Tokoyami, who was always interesting to investigate, due to his giant bird head. Todoroki sat at the very back of the class, Seat No. 15. This he didn't mind at all—in fact, it was quite pleasurable, since he didn't like being watched from behind.

"Quirks have changed inevitably over the years, which is another reason for the new inventions created at Support Industries," said Aizawa Shota with a very monotonous voice (the students were used to this). "Such inventions include Amplified Essence Maximizer, and the Ysoki. Ysoki was invented by Kaito Riku, a man who mastered the art of telepathy, and implemented some of that into this invention. I will bring a copy of the Ysoki tomorrow for you all to analyze, but it can be an extremely dangerous case due to its..."

There was a furious sound of scribbling from Todoroki's left angle. The Creation Girl, Yaoyorozu Momo was vigorously taking notes as Aizawa was speaking, her face defined by concentration. Todoroki wondered if she really needed to take those notes, since she probably already knew more than half of what Aizawa was teaching them. After all, her abundance of knowledge is needed for the functioning of her quirk. There was also a lot of pencil noises from Midoriya Izuku's table, which clearly irritated Bakugo Katsuki, who sat just in front of him. His eyebrows twitched in annoyance, and Todoroki guessed that the delinquent was using all his will power to resist whacking Midoriya with his own notebook.

Further front from Todoroki was an asleep Mina Ashido, who snored quietly as a bubble expanded and deflated out of her nose. The pink girl almost looked peaceful. Nevertheless, her slumber was shortly interrupted by Tsuyu Asui, the green-haired girl who sat just behind her. She had nudged Ashido awake by shaking her shoulders, and when the girl woke up, Tsuyu whispered something to her that Todorki wasn't able to make out. Ashido pouted but nodded at her friend and uninterestedly stared at the chalkboard. In front of her, the glamorous and vain Yuga Aoyama had pulled out a mirror and was stroking the ends of his curled-up hair lovingly. The class seems all the same. As if they don't remember anything...