CHAPTER 9: The Big Three...? (Part 2)

The three teens decided to jump right into their discussion about the big day.

"Wait," Bakugo called first. He was now sitting cross legged on the floor, a few metres away from Todoroki's bed, "So you're telling me there's another Todoroki accomplicing with the League?"

Midoriya nodded.

"Yes, and that's one of the reasons we must go—"

"Shut it, nerd. I want to hear this from Half-and-Half," he spat. Then, he raised an inquiring eyebrow at Todoroki and waited. Todoroki coughed.

"Yeah...I mean...I think it's he's my blood relative..."

"You think or you know?" asked Bakugo. Todoroki was startled by the question and pondered for a bit. Then he raised his head.

"I know," he said, "I know that he is the son of my own father and my own mother." He was almost afraid of the amount of certainty in his tone. However, Bakugo just nodded.

"Good," he said, "Because both of you losers need to remember that nobody has tested out the DNA device yet. Even a small quantity of uncertainty could get you and everybody else killed. Well...not that I care if any of you died." Todoroki often forgot the analytical part of Bakugo's mind. Yes, he was a dick, and his solution to everything was violence, but his knowledge and his mindset was insanely intelligent. Besides Yaoyorozu and Iida, he could even be considered the smartest in the class. Maybe he could be useful in this mission after all, Todoroki thought.

Midoriya finally spoke up:

"Okay, but the other problem is Kaminari. We haven't seen him in a year," he pointed out, "Do you think he'll even want to see us?" At this, Bakugo flinched and glared at Midoriya.

"Of course he doesn't!" he pitched in, "He doesn't even want to see us alive, I'll tell you that much." Midoriya's eyes widened and he flailed his arms in front of him.

"W-We don't want to fight him, though!" he exclaimed, "We just want to talk!"

"Talk? Do you really think he will wait for us to interrogate him like a job interview or something?!" spat Bakugo, "He will try to hurt us! He'll try to electrocute us without hesitation, just like he did to..." he clenched his teeth and his fists, "To Eijiro."

Midoriya looked down to the floor, contemplating.

"Hm...I've actually been thinking about this for a while now," he said uncertainty. When Todoroki asked him to proceed, he continued, "It's about Kaminari. Maybe what he did to Kirishima was an accident,"

"An fucking accident!?" exclaimed Bakugo, sitting up straighter. Midoriya put up his hands defensively.

"Just hear me out!" he said, "We don't know if Kaminari actually joined the villains by choice. We just saw him disappear with Shigaraki that one school day, but how do we know that he voluntarily stepped in to help them?"

"Midoriya, what is your point?" asked Todoroki, intrigued. Midoriya cleared his throat before saying:

"We cannot possibly ignore the possibility that Kaminari is being controlled by the League of Villains," he said with a serious glint in his eye.

Todoroki gasped.

"Controlled?" exclaimed Todoroki. The idea had never crossed his mind.

Midoriya stared straight at Bakugo, who was twitching with irritation, "Maybe they're using some kind of device to erase all of the emotions of his past, which allowed him to hurt Kirishima, his dearest friend, so easily," he suggested, "I know that the villains are not careless, and they could create something like that very easily. Kacchan, you can't tell me you haven't thought of that possibility, can you?"