CHAPTER 21: Invisible Ink (Bakugo vs Kaminari)

"Over here, you bastard." cried Bakugo. He threw a fist at Kaminari, who dodged just in time. The blond scoffed in annoyance.

"Where's Shoto?" asked Kaminari, looking around.

"You don't need to worry 'bout him," was Bakugo's response. Then he grinned, "It's just you and me, Sparky." The blond leaped forward, using his non-broken arm to carry an explosion with him. Kaminari danced out of his reach and relatialed with a fist aimed at Bakugo's jaw. Bakugo blocked, grasping Kaminari's fist and using the momentum to spin around and lock his elbow around Kaminari's neck.

"Ha!" called Bakugo victoriously.

However, Kaminari reached back, grasped Bakugo's shoulder, and flipped him over. Bakugo landed with a solid grunt, his back smacking a puddle on the floor.

"Kh!" Bakugo grunted. But he was up again in a blink. He was shaking with smothered rage, while Kaminari yawned, which pissed Bakugo off even more.

"Why won't you use your quirk?" he asked threateningly, "Are you mocking me?" Kaminari looked at him and grinned.

"Of course not, dear Katsuki," he said, "I just feel sorry for you. Did Shoto and everybody abandon you because they couldn't stand your impulsive personality?" Then he walked towards Bakugo with his arms spread out, "Maybe you just need a hug, Katsuki."

Bakugo fired another explosion at him, which made Kaminari yelp and leap back.

"Get your filthy hands away from me," snarled Bakugo. Kaminari started wiping a napkin across his cheek in an attempt to wipe some dirt off.

Bakugo took this opportunity to launch at him again, knocking him onto the floor and rolling him on his back. Bakugo was on top of him, using his broken arm to weakly hold Kaminari in place and his free arm to hold another explosion.

Kaminari merely sighed at the situation, as he let his bangs freely fall to cover his eyes.

"Oh, Katsuki, when will you ever learn?" he said sympathetically, "You can't defeat me. Also, stop ruining my hair! I washed it before I came, you know," But he didn't make any effort to get up, knowing full well Bakugo wasn't planning on killing him. Yet.

"Listen up, fucking dipshit," spat Bakugo angrily, "I'm gonna shoot you some questions, and you're gonna answer 'em like the goodie little princess you are. You won't have a choice. And then after that, I'll only think about sparing your life."

Kaminari yawned and stretched the parts of his body he could still move under Bakugo's weight.

"Okay, dude," said Kaminari.

Bakugo grinded his teeth.

"Don't give me that face, Katsuki," Kaminari said, "What do you want me to do? Scream in pain and beg for mercy?"

Bakugo scoffed and put more pressure on him. He pulled firm, red ropes out of his pocket and tied them around Kaminari's wrists.

"Not yet," he said, "We'll have you do that after you confess about Shitty Hair."

When Kaminari looked up at him with confusion, Bakugo tightened the ropes.

"Don't play dumbass, I know you remember the Kirishima incident the other day," he said, "When you almost killed him without an explanation." He emphasized the word "killed", like it was a curse.

"Kirishi....? Oooh," said Kaminari, putting a surprised reaction on his face, "I get it. He was yours, wasn't he? Is that why you're so mad at me?" When the fire in Bakugo's eyes grew larger, Kaminari smiled as if he suddenly understood the situation without needing a response.