CHAPTER 11: Monoma's Confession

Todoroki bought himself an All Might Soda Punch from the vending machine and walked down to the common room. It was a fairly large room, with a soft, green carpet, giant windows, and four yellow couches at the back of the room with a glass table in the middle. 

He cracked open the top of his can and gulped down a large sip. He looked out the window, almost forgetting that it was bright and early in the morning. Chickadees chirped happily on the cherry blossom branch, while the sharp grass tips almost appeared soft as wind blew over them.

Tomorrow is the big day, he thought. When he finally meets his secret brother, he's going to learn everything about his past. Everything his parents hid from him. And he's going to find Kaminari, bring justice to Kirishima and find out why he even betrayed U.A. in the first place.

Starting tomorrow, every secret will be revealed to him like chocolate in a gift box.

He turned to walk back up the stairs when a loud, rusty voice made him jump. Todoroki didn't realize there were other people in the common room.

Five people were seated in the common room couches. Two of them were Todoroki's classmates: Yaoyaorozu Momo and Ashido Mina. The other three, Tetsutetsu, Kendo, and Monoma were people he wasn't so familiar with. Tetsutetsu had messy silver hair and long eyelashes (Todoroki assumes they were eyelashes), Kendo was a girl who had long ginger hair in a side-ponytail. Monoma had flat blonde hair and annoyingly bright blue eyes. The three students belonged to the other hero class, Class 1-B, which was often considered the "rival class" of Class 1-A. However, they would occasionally hang out in the Class 1-A common room for no reason at all.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Todoroki Shoto himself." called Monoma. 

Todoroki realized he was looking down at the floor and he lifted his head up only to see the 5 students looking in his direction. Monoma was smirking at him sarcastically while Yaoyorozu blushed and turned away.

Kendo enthusiastically patted the seat next to him. "Come, come! Sit down with us!" Todoroki stepped forward to join them, but then stopped and hesitated. Maybe I should pay Midoriya a visit just to revise the plan.

"Actually, it's okay. I don't want to interrupt your conversation after all..." he readied himself to go back to the dorm rooms, but Yaoyorozu persisted.

"No! That's quite alright, you haven't...you're not interrupting anything," said Yaoyorozu sweetly. She gestured for him to sit back down, "Please."

"Awwww, look at you, being all nice," giggled Mina, "You don't really want him to leave, do you, Momo?"

"Mina!" Yaoyorozu immediately stood up and flushed a deep red, "Stop saying such ridiculous things! Not in front of Todoroki!"

"Uh oh! Somebody's blushing~" said Mina.

"Yaoyorozu, you don't look well," said Todoroki, concerned, "Like I said, you may want to get checked by a doctor or something..."

"I'm fine! Fine!" cried Momo, turning even redder now. Everyone burst into laughter.

Once Todoroki was comfortably seated on one of the couches like the rest of the group, everyone jumped right into a cheerful discussion (except for Monoma, who criticizes everything). Yaoyorozu brought tea for everyone, which lightened up the mood even more.

"So, Todoroki!" said Kendo, turning her attention to him, "I heard you saved Harukoshi hospital last week! You're all over the news." She pulled up her phone to show him the article. Monoma scoffed quietly, clearly not satisfied a 1-A student was being complimented by a 1-B student. Meanwhile, Mina nodded along.