CHAPTER 8: A Childhood Discovery

Todoroki let out a frustrating (and loud) sigh, wishing there was something he could do. Something that could stop him from being so powerless. Something. Anything.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by a knock on his dorm door.

Knock. Knock.

Todoroki was skeptical at first, since it was 8:00pm in the evening, but then said:

"Door is open. Come in."

The door creaked open, and there stood a smiling Midoriya Izuku, with a couple of binders and a notebook. His dark green hair fluffed out in different angles and he had four freckles on each cheek. Todoroki was relieved to see someone knew very well.

"Hey, Todoroki!" he said, "I hope...I'm not interrupting anything?"

"No. No, you can come in," said Todoroki with a smile. The smile felt pretty good, especially because he's been frowning all week. 

Midoriya took off his shoes and carefully placed them in Todoroki's closet. Then, he held out the binders and the notebook for Todoroki to take.

"Here are this week's class notes," he said, grinning, "I figured...since you were at Provisional Training this week, I took some notes in class for you so you have everything for the final exam. There's Math, Science, English, and Hero Course notes. It's all in there." He sat next to Todoroki on his bed. 

"Thank you, Midoriya," Todoroki took the binders and notebooks and placed them on his desk, "You really didn't have to do this for me." Midoriya was one of Todoroki's closest friends. If not, probably Todoroki's best friend. Before the Sports Festival, Todoroki felt competitive with Midoriya, since All Might seemed to favour him. But when they fought at the Festival, Midoriya was the one who made Todoroki realize his left side is worth much more than his father. Todoroki has been grateful to Midoriya ever since, and they have quickly grown to become very good friends over the year. 

"Don't be so modest, Todoroki!" laughed Midoriya, "While you work hard at Practice, it's my job to make sure we both end up passing the final exam together. That's what friends are for, right?" he grinned so bright, Todoroki literally almost mistook him for the Sun. But hearing that from Midoriya just made Todoroki forget all about his past concerns. 

"Did you show these to Bakugo yet?" he asked. Midoriya scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. 

"I did ask Kacchan if he wanted my notes but...all he said was 'I don't need your fucking help, stupid Deku!' and slammed his door on me..." said Midoriya, "Well. I didn't really expect anything else since it's Kacchan, but..." This action made Todoroki rather upset, since Midoriya has always been trying to help Bakugo ever since the beginning. They have known each other for the longest, yet have the worst relationship in the class. It was mostly Bakugo just being mean to poor Midoriya though. 

Todoroki would consistently tell Midoriya to tell Bakugo off, but the green-haired boy would easily shrug it off and say "Kacchan's just like that sometimes."

"U-Um...Todoroki..." murmured Midoriya.

"Yes?" he asked, realizing he was lost in thought for a bit.

"I know...it's, um...it's not any of my business, but..." he blushed bashfully and scratched his hair, "I heard you were called into Recovery Girl's office a few hours ago, and I was curious about...what she wanted to say to you. And you also seemed kinda down when you walked out of her office, so I was worried..." When Todoroki made no immediate reply, Midoriya added quickly, "Y-You don't have to tell me though! I know it's not my place to ask and I understand if you don't want to—"