CHAPTER 34: Goodbye, Class 1-A

Mina Ashido said that they wanted me to have a final taste of home before I turned myself into the police. What? Obviously, they knew they couldn't keep me at U.A. forever, and that I had to pay for my...sins somehow. Anyway, Mina and the class took me around the U.A. It was like a trip down memory lane. 

First, we strolled past the huge cafeteria, where I began to pick up on the scent of Lunch Hero's special American cheeseburger. A smile tugged at my mouth. I remember always devouring that thing down like a beast.

Then we got to the sports track outside, where we would run daily laps to boost our hero stamina. Kirishima and I would always race each other, and the loser had to buy the other a drink from the vending machine. I chuckled thinking about how motivated I was to save my wallet everyday. In the middle of the track was a flat island displaying a soccer field. Mina would kick my ass in every single game.

The library was our next stop. As much as I disliked studying, I did pay the library several visits. I would check out books from time to time, but usually I come here for...well. Where I would contact Shigaraki and feed him with the latest information about U.A. I shivered, remembering the time one student accidentally eavesdropped on one of my private conversations in the dark corner. The police couldn't find his body the day after. 

"Can we actually...go somewhere else?" I asked.

Jirou, who had never let go of my hand since the beginning of the tour, glanced at me.

"Too many books for you?" she asked with a laugh. 

"Um, y-yeah," I lied, nodding.

Surprisingly, they understood and we left the library right away. I sighed with relief.

The following minutes were a blur. We visited several classrooms in the school (ran into Monoma. He tried to play us a song on his kazoo but we managed to escape) the auditorium, the foyer, even the backyard gardens. The flowers were beautiful.

After the tour of the school, we all rejoined in the common room to hang out for a while. We got Iida Tenya and Yaoyorozu Momo to distract the staff members so that they wouldn't come down and see me. At first, we all started off with a big game of charades, but ended up splitting into 5 to 6 little groups. Mina, Sero, Jirou, and I decided to spend our precious time with a few games of solitaire. Chatter quickly filled up the huge room, and I was already losing track of the clock. Time really does fly when you're having fun.

In the middle of the card game, my bladder felt like it was about to explode so unfortunately, I had to excuse myself.

"And no cheating!" I added before I made my way to the restroom.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one there.

Todoroki Shoto was standing before a urinal, turning his head towards me. When he recognized who I was, he quickly looked back down. He must be thinking, Oh my god, why him? I awkwardly made my way to the urinal furthest from him, trying my best not to disturb his business. (Although part of me kinda was curious to see the size of his—Uhh, never mind. Nothing. I said nothing.)  

"Hey," he said eventually.

"Um, hey."

Silence again. I whistled for a bit. He coughed.

"I wanted to—"

"Look, I—"

We stared at each other, baffled for speaking out loud at exactly the same time.

"Sorry, you were saying?" I asked.

"No, that's fine, you go first," said Todoroki.

"Oh, okay. Um..." I massaged the back of my neck, "I, uh, I know we haven't been on the best terms recently...I know you've been through a lot because of me. And god, I know...I know I'm really in no place to say this after everything I've done to you...but I'm sorry. I really am. I learned my lesson, and I realize that I was truly...a terrible human being."