CHAPTER 15: Get a grip, Yaoyorozu!

Drrrring....Drrrrring.....

"You have reached the voicemail box of Todoroki Shoto. Please—"

Click!

Yaoyorozu stared at her phone, hoping miraculously she would receive a call, or any clue. But there was nothing.

"He's not picking up," she said, clenching her fists nervously. Uraraka Ochako, a short girl with warm brown hair, put a hand on her shoulder.

"That's the 6th time you've tried to call him. Give it a rest, okay?" she said. Yaoyorozu sighed. She was already out of options.

They were now in the classroom for 1-A, waiting for their first lesson to begin. She, Uraraka Ochako, Iida Tenya, and Sero Hanta were the only ones in the classroom so far. Their lessons start in about 40 minutes, so the other students still had plenty of time to make their way to class. Monoma, Tetsutetsu, and Kendo returned to their own classes and Mina took the day off to comfort Jirou. However, no one in the building knew about Todoroki's whereabouts. Yaoyorozu had tried looking for him in the building, tried to call his cell phone multiple times ...unsuccessfully.

"Hey, relax, maybe he's just taking a really big dump," said Sero as he put his hands behind his head.

"But he would've told us he was going to visit the washroom," countered Yaoyorozu.

Sero shrugged.

"Couldn't hold it, maybe," he said, "He wouldn't have time to tell you if it was bad." Uraraka giggled, but shut up immediately when Yaoyorozu shot a look in her direction.

Over the months, Yaoyorozu has begun to learn Todoroki well. A little like Bakugo, Todoroki was the kind of person to strike before analyzing. The things that easily inspire him push him forward. She knew Todoroki wouldn't leave in a crucial situation out of the blue like that unless it was for something far more important.

"What if..." Yaoyorozu shook, "What if something...or someone took Todoroki away from us when we weren't looking?" Uraraka, Iida, and Sero exchanged a look. It wasn't like their vice president to ask fearful questions to herself. Iida was the one to speak.

"You are getting ahead of yourself today, Yaoyorozu," he spoke as he adjusted his glasses, "As class presidents of 1-A, we should develop a calm manner in order to set a fine example for the rest of the class." Yaoyorozu looked up at him and he gave her a smile, "I'm sure Todoroki is alright. Do not fret. And if he does not return by the time class is finished, I, Iida Tenya, will go on a search for him to make certain that he is safe and will not disrespect the education that U.A. has provided—"

"Okay y'all can shut up," the classroom door slammed open, revealing a puffy, yellow sleeping bag holding a juice can. A figure slowly climbed out of the bag, protruding scraggly hair and baggy eyes. Yep, same old Aizawa Sensei.

"Well, it's early, but since y'all are here anyway, take your textbooks. We're doing some early Math."

.................................

Yaoyorozu pushed the back of her pencil against her head in inquietude. During class hours, her thoughts were usually filled with content inside the classroom. Education was one of her top values in life. But today, she wasn't able to think straight. Her notes were getting messy, she didn't participate once in class and was struggling to answer Aizawa's questions.

What made her even more concerned was the absence of Bakugo and Midoriya. It wasn't like the two of them to skip class. When she asked Aizawa about them, he just said he would punish them when he finds them.