CHAPTER 17: His True Power

What am I saying? It was as if time stood still, when Todoroki asked Bakugo the pressing question: "Who the hell are you?"

"What...?" said the blond, confused.

What was he doing? Todoroki didn't know either. His mother has always reminded him to trust his instincts, but right now, his instincts were different than before.

"Prove to me you're the real Bakugo Katsuki."

Bakugo rolled his eyes and laughed humourlessly. But when he noticed the glint in my eye, he realized I was serious.

"Oh. Oi, oi, you've gotta be fucking kidding me right now, Half-and-Half."

"You said it yourself," said Todoroki, taking in deep breaths, "Anything could have happened when I was unconscious. Even the most unexpected. How do I know nothing happened to the real Bakugo when I got knocked out?"

"Idiot! We don't have any time to lose out here!" yelled Bakugo, "That fucking traitor could jump out at us any minute now!" He stretched his arms out, "I need those insulator sheets. Hand them over!"

"Then I'm still not gonna move. Not until I know who you really are." he said. Bakugo's eyes widened, not of fear, but of shock. However, instead of arguing, Bakugo straightened and looked Todoroki straight in the eye.

"You don't trust me," said Bakugo.

"No. I don't."

Bakugo's eyes narrowed and his tone and stance changed to be more sinister. "So. It's a fight you want from me? You really have lost your fucking mind, Half-and-half bastard."

"No," said Todoroki. He closed the gap between his legs and then spread both arms apart freely and stood still.

"You come at me," he said slowly, using his hands to gesture at his opponent to come after him. His heart was beating fast, and he hoped it wasn't obvious that he was shaking.

"What are you...?" Bakugo looked taken aback from Todoroki's careless stance, "You're sure about this?"

"I've been watching you at PLT, Bakugo," he said, "There's a certain way you use your quirk, and it's very specific. If you aren't you, then I would know."

Bakugo's eyes widened from surprise, and anxiously got into his fighting stance. Todoroki watched but was silent and did nothing to stop him. I hope this really works, he thought. The blond then look a deep breath in, and chuckled. Then laughed a laughter that exploited actual humour and evil at the same time. The humour part was kind of weird for Bakugo, but the latter was enough proof for Todoroki.

"Kaminari." he said.

The figure giggled and soon morphed into a young boy with yellow hair and a streak of black running through his bangs.

"Well, aren't you smart, Shoto?" he said, tilting his head to the side with a grin plastered on his face.

Todoroki shuddered. There he was.

Though Todoroki knew Kaminari was playing with him all along, but seeing him in front of him still felt surprising. This was the classmate, Seat No. 7, that once someone he called comrade. The classmate that played nice for 2 whole years and left us all to mourn over his betrayal. The one that...The one that almost killed Kirishima, made Jirou cry...This was him. And now he's just standing there.

Todoroki slowly looked up and down Kaminari's figure.

He wore a slightly shorter black jacket with white patterns, only two near the hem and collar, and a yellow rimmed lightning bolt going around each of his shoulders. He still wears matching black pants, but they only have a small zig-zag near each of their cuffs, and he wears a belt and a white v-neck shirt. Around his right wrist, he wears a wristband with a circular mechanism, and he wears a headset with a blue-tinted visor.