CHAPTER 33: This Isn't Right

"Look, I want to help you," Todoroki said, "Before my brother died, he told me how dull the world can be. Kaminari, I'm sure you understand that more than anyone. Everything happens for a reason, and you can't always expect miracles to appear at your doorstep. But if we work together, I know I can save you, Denki. Let's create a miracle together." His wet hair drooped down over his eyes as he stretched out his hand to help Denki Kaminari sit back up.

Denki stared at Todoroki's hand for a few solid seconds, then he finally smiled.

"Okay."

But just as he stretched out to take Todoroki's hand, Denki's other hand accidentally slipped on the edge.

Kaminari Denki tumbled over the roof.

"DENKIIIII!" Jirou Kyoka screamed.

"SERO!" Todoroki called out loud.

Wait...Sero?

"Ooh yeah," Sero Hanta called from nowhere, "Cellophane to the rescue!"

Before Denki Kaminari could crash to the floor at full force, Sero Hanta's tape stuck onto Kaminari's back. Sero was hanging onto a ledge of the police department building with one hand, his tape coming out from his elbow. When he saw that Kaminari was safely attached to his tape, he pulled him up.

"Hi, Chargebolt," he snickered, "Miss me?"

"S-Sero..." Kaminari stuttered, apparently at a loss for words.

"Sorry, we kinda dragged you into this sticky situation," he said with a wink, "But don't worry, we're not gonna let you die. Not now. Hey, Todoroki, heads up!"

Just then, he flung his tape with massive strength and Kaminari flew back onto the rooftop. Todoroki almost collapsed into the flying body, but caught the teen with a layer of slippery ice in the nick of time. Kaminari slid onto the ground, did a somersault and crashed into a wall.

"Denki!" Jirou yelled, "You okay?"

She rushed to her boyfriend's side to check on his wounds, while Kaminari was slowly recovering from the slam. He lifted his head up and found himself face to face with...the rest of Class 1-A, staring down at him.

He choked back a sob. His old friends from his hero life...they were all there. Mina, Sato, Tsuyu, Uraraka, Shoji, Iida, Yaoyorozu, even Mineta, too... So many memories came flooding back, he started feeling dizzy.

' "You guys..." he said, "Y-You're all...here."

Before anyone could answer, Kaminari closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber. The last thing he heard was Jirou's worried voice, calling his name. He couldn't regain energy, though. He was tired....so tired.

....................................................

"Welcome back."

Kurogiri and I stood by the entrance of the League's temporary hideout, The Purple Lotus. We had just come back from U.A. high, and revealed the truth about my so-called "betrayal". That's probably what they would call it, but they didn't understand that I had already betrayed them from the very start. No doubt they're gonna start calling me a monster from now on. Like my parents, they'll probably never forgive me for what I've done. Not that I ever cared about what they think. Shut up, I don't.

Shigaraki was waiting for his, arms crossed, foot tapping impatiently on the floor. He seemed irritated, but it was hard to tell, since he had a fuckin' hand that literally covered his whole face.

"Welcome back, Thunderstroke," repeated Shigaraki.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard you the first time," I said, wiping the back of my neck, pretending to act just as annoyed.