CHAPTER 27: Touya Todoroki

"Mommy?"

"Yes, Shoto?"

They were on the porch outside, breathing in the fresh morning air. The little, white and red haired boy sat in his mother's lap, ball in hand. He saw his older siblings playing in the backyard, but was never formally introduced to any of them. The boy was for some reason forbidden to talk to anybody besides his parents. He pointed to one of his siblings and asked his mom:

"Who's that?"

His mother smiled.

"That would be Fuyumi, your sister."

"Who's that one?"

"Natsuo, your older brother. He's very smart so make sure you learn from him, okay?"

"And who's that?"

His mother's smile grew warmer as she patted Shoto's head.

"That's your oldest brother, Touya Todoroki. He's very powerful, just like your father! Just watch, Touya is going to be a splendid hero one day. 

...................................

"Stay behind me," Dabi whispered to Todoroki, "Don't. Move."

"You've gotta be kidding! HAHAHA!" Kaminari clutched his stomach and erupted into laughter, "I cannot believe I'm seeing this right now!"

Dabi glared at Kaminari more intensely, not letting his guard down for even a second.

"Dabi, Dabi, Dabi," Kaminari said, "Are you seriously going to protect a member of your family? The one you've hated your whole life?"

Dabi held his glare while taking a step forward. Kaminari scoffed.

"I always knew you would betray us," he said, "Ever since you first joined, I had a feeling. Well, traitor or not, I still have something I need to do," he said, "I'll ask you again. Please get out of the way."

"Nah, I don't wanna," replied Dabi, "More importantly, shouldn't you be somewhere else, Mr. Lightning? From my understanding, Shigaraki and Tomura gave you clear instructions to not leave the hideout." Kaminari laughed.

"Oh ho? Look who's turned into the goody two shoes!" he exclaimed, "You can't be Dabi!" Then, he waved a hand in front of Dabi's eyes, "Are you even real? Heyyy, can you see me? Are you hallucinating, Flame Brain?"

Dabi grabbed Kaminari's wrist, and squeezed it tightly, as if planning to cut his blood circulation. Despite Kaminari's blindfold, Dabi stared at him straight in the eyes.

"This is my final warning," snarled Dabi, "Scram, you punk."

"Pardon my discourtesy," Kaminari countered, "But, just who do you think you're touching here? One twitch, and you'll have electric sparks dancing all over your veins."

"Yeah?" said Dabi, with a grin, "One move, and I'll be roasting marshmallows over your dead body."

The two smiled at each other, but with an aura so sinister, it made Todoroki tremble. The boy stood by the side, dumbfounded. Why was his brother here? Did he change his mind and try to help him?

"You're not following my orders, Dabi," said Kaminari, "I gave you clear instructions to stay at the hideout and watch the green-haired boy and trap Shoto. From the looks of it, you couldn't do a task as simple as that. Oh, the pity I feel for your weakness."