CHAPTER 24: Siblings Encounter

"You're...you're..." Todoroki was at a loss for words with the man that stood before him. He looked only a few years older than him, which stitches covering the bottom half of his face, like the skin had been burned off. He had black, spiky hair, and had several metal piercings on his ears. He wore a black leather jacket, ripped jeans, and polished black shoes. The guy looked like a college student going through a rebellious stage in life.

But there was no doubt that this was....

"...My brother," said Todoroki.

Dabi smirked.

"What's with that look? You like Dad with all those wrinkles," he mocked, "How is he anyway? Endeavor. I bet he's still that same nasty bitch as before."

It took all of Todoroki's willpower to turn around and head for the exit again.

"Wait just a minute, little brother," Dabi called, "Don't tell me you came all this way just to ruin a perfect opportunity to learn about your past. Your real past."

"I don't have time to talk to you," Todoroki said through grinded teeth, "I've got to get my friend to safety." Midoriya limped on his shoulders.

"Safety? You mean you thought you could intrude villain territory and then leave without a scratch?" laughed Dabi.

"Are you gonna stop me?" asked Todoroki in the most menacing tone he could do. It wasn't easy. His voice couldn't hide the shock, and his body trembled under Midoriya's weight. His arm still hurt from his fight with Kaminari.

Smiling, Dabi created a whip of blue flame and held it out at his brother. Todoroki gently dropped Midoriya behind him and created ice on his arm, bracing himself.

"Well, this would be a lovely climax to a story, don't you think, Shoto?" asked Dabi, "Two long lost brothers, battling each other to the death in order to defend their own sides. Same parents, but very different values. What a perfect twist."

Todoroki kept his guard on.

"You know, I never liked Kaminari's DNA machine," said Dabi, "I knew it wasn't safe, especially for me. Since I have more relatives than any of the other villains. There's Natsuo, Fuyumi, Endeavor...and Mom. But I knew you would come, Shoto. You, Endeavor's ultimate weapon, would come and find me eventually, hoping to find justice or some shit. Well, whatever you came here for, I'm going to tell you one thing, sweet and simple," His tone began to change, "I am no longer a Todoroki, and I never want to see any of your faces again. Even yours, Shoto."

"I haven't done anything wrong," said Todoroki. Dabi laughed.

"Your entire existence is wrong! You should never have been born!" yelled Dabi, "Endeavor doesn't deserve the slightest satisfaction of success or victory, yet here you are, alive and healthy, existing for the sole purpose as Endeavor's nasty weapon."

Todoroki clenched his jaws.

"Face it, Shoto," said Dabi, "You're nothing but an object.

"Shut up," snarled Todoroki, "If you really hate me that much, then come and stop me before I take Midoriya away." Dabi looked surprised.

"Stop you?" he said, "Oh, that's not my job. That's his job." He pointed behind Todoroki's shoulder. Todoroki spun around in confusion, only to see Midoriya Izuku, standing up on his own two feet. He was facing down, with his fluffy bangs shadowing his eyes.

"Midoriya?" said Todoroki, "Don't be silly, he's—"

Suddenly, Midoriya started walking towards them. Slowly, he lifted his head, and Todoroki was able to see his eyes. But those weren't his eyes.