CHAPTER 29: A Foolish Mistake

(1 week later...) 

"Kaminari Denki. You are here because...you are the murderer of Todoroki Shoto."

Kaminari only raised an eyebrow. The two were in the interrogation room of the big building, seated on either ends of the silver, metal table. Guards stood out the door, in case the villain made a move. The interrogating lady, Hana Nakamura, had her hands closed together, observing Kaminari Denki carefully, whose palms were wrapped in chains on the other side of the table. The chains were light, but it was able to prevent the use of any quirk. It was the only thing keeping Kaminari from bursting the lady into pieces.

"Shoto?" he asked curiously.

"Yes. Shoto Todoroki, the son of Endeavor we are talking about," the woman said, "Would you like to start off with what you know upon the incident?"

In an instant Kaminari put his feet on the desk and kicked the woman's pencil holder off. The security guards burst the door open to pry him off, but the villain put up a hand as a warning. He leaned back on his chair, hands still in chains.

"Now, lady, hold up a second," he said, "I do remember stabbing one Todoroki. Easy stuff. But to think I did a double combo? Either today is my lucky day or..." his gaze darkened, "One of us is mistaken."

The woman gulped, and reluctantly searched through her report again. She flipped from one page to another. Then she settled on a page and reread the profile again.

"Take your time, m'am," Kaminari whistled. Nakamura eyed the paper, then looked back up at Kaminari. She looked at the paper again and took a long sigh.

"5 years working in this department," she said, "Yet I'm still capable of such a foolish mistake." She glanced up at Kaminari.

"Todoroki Shoto is...prime witness..." she read, "Dead victim is...Touya Todoroki."

Kaminari let out a long sigh.

"Aww shoot," he said, "Would've been nice if both of them were gone. Oh well." He shivered, "Man, it's cold in here."

Suddenly, the speaker in the room interrupted them, revealing the voice of a man. He sounded really scared, like he had just been running from his worst nightmare

"Are you guys done with the interrogation?" he asked, "There's someone who would like to speak with Kaminari."

Kaminari stared at Nakamura, who glared at the speaker, though she couldn't see the man.

"No, we need more time," she said.

"U-Uh...well, please let Kaminari into room T-98 when you're done," he trembled, "There's a h-hero who really needs to speak with him. He said he'll blow this place up if Kaminari isn't here in 5 minutes." his voice cracked a little at the end.

"What?" asked Nakamura in disbelief, "Who is this hero?"

The man at the other line gulped.

"He said his name is... uh, sir, you are...King Explosion Murder?"

Kaminari exploded into a stifle of laughter.

........................................................................

 Todoroki woke up with a startling jolt. He found himself staring at a faint dangling light, high above his face. Troubled, Todoroki tried forcing his muscles to move, but the second he lifted his neck, his entire body crashed back down onto his bed. Wait...bed?

The teen was dressed in a pale blue, hospital uniform and he was covered in bandages. On his right was a small desk of different medicines and a syringe. Behind the desk was a white curtain to the next hospital bed. Slowly, he turned his head to the other side to see a glass window, revealing beautiful sakura trees and singing chickadees on its branches. The sight helped Todoroki relax a bit but part of him still felt uneasy. He felt like there was something he should be doing, that he didn't deserve to be relaxing.