♡ 10

the dark highway was a pathetic excuse for a meeting place, its surface littered with tiny pebbles that were crunched into grainy sand.

the environment was void of any cars and other modes of transportation, and two giggling boys held hands as they crossed over the unlit road, heading closer towards the forest on the other side.

the forest's shadow loomed over the onyx shaded horizon. it acted as a makeshift canopy for the two excited males, its long branches forming crooked lines that extended like a thousand withered arms.

the blond looked at the other boy, his hopeful eyes meeting the other's calm one. he looked happy, innocent almost.

"you love me, right?" the calm one with vibrant blue hair asked, his arm snaking around the blond's waist in a comforting fashion. the smaller leaned into his chest, nodding against the velvety soft touch of the taller. the one who'd spoken softly stroked his face.

"and you trust me, right?"

the blue haired male already knew the answer before the shorter boy responded with a quick nod. the blond had ran away from his parents just for him, afterall.

the shorter's trusting, naïve demeanor almost made the other male hesitate. almost.

it was a shame really, how the boy had willingly followed him here with only the promise of meeting up and living a life together. it was almost sad, because the blue haired male had come to feel a bit fond over the blond's round emotive eyes and pretty plumb lips.

their lips met in a shared kiss that displayed vulnerability on the shorter's side, and for a brief second, the taller's lips lifted into a little mischievous smirk.

as the moon came out of its hiding place, its pale light glinted off the sharp knife that had been plunged into an exposed neck, dark red spilling over the gritty road.

the blond froze at the impact, staring wide-eyed in shock at the taller who only dug the knife deeper. his eyes remained wide as all the life left him, and then he fell, his body slumping over the ground.

the blue haired male didn't waste any time. he grabbed onto the boy's limp arms and dragged him into the forest, watching with ecstatic eyes at the blood that continued to ooze out of the boy's neck, forming a crimson trail over the ground.

that was always the most exciting part; watching the life seep out of his victims.