♡ 38 [ tape 02 ]

felix felt like he was drowning. his head felt weightless, and his body felt like it had been submerged within chaotic waves. he couldn't see anything, glassy bubbles blocking his airways, and no matter how hard he tried to reach out, he kept on sinking deeper and deeper into the endless void of the ocean.

or so he'd thought.

with a sharp inhale of breath, he could finally breath again. the sudden intake of oxygen that made its way into his lungs was both satisfying and painful at the same time. his eyes struggled to open, the damp strands of hair clinging to his scalp. his skin felt raw with bruises and as cold as ice, and everywhere itched.

as his cracked lips parted to get some more air into his starved lungs, his eyes darted all over his dingy surroundings, wanting to figure out his bearings of wherever he could've ended up.

the asphalt road felt like jagged rocks digging into his injured back, but felix couldn't move. he was afraid.

his palms hurt as he used them to wipe off the drops of rain that had settled on his eyelashes, and he grimaced at the stinging sensation that his actions had cost him.

his dirtied school clothes barely did anything to protect him from the bitter cold, only sticking to his skin due to the harsh rainfall.

felix had to get out of here. he tried to rotate his feet, only to see that he wasn't even wearing shoes in the first place.

where was he? and how did he get here?

felix tried to get up to his feet, but his body heavily protested against it. he only ended up falling back to the ground. sharp pain clung to his senses at the action, and warm tears sprung behind his eyes.

they finally rolled down cheeks, mingling with the rampant drizzle of the rain when his eyes fell on the mangled lump of metal in the distance. it barely looked like anything at this point, but felix could guess that it had been a vehicle before it'd met its untimely destruction.

the broken headlights suddenly flickered on, casting its yellowish light over felix's startled face. his eyes shut at the vibrancy of the car's lights, and he looked away.

his eyes fell on his hands, which looked more horrifying than he would've thought. his fingers were heavily bruised, with dried blood caking the divots of his joints. then, the memories started to roll in.

heavy sobs racked their way up his throat as he tried his hardest to clean off all the blood, all to no avail. his tears weren't allowing him to see properly, but he couldn't stop them from leaving his eyes.

the sound of crunched pebbles entered his ears at that moment, and his head jerked up in panic.

the destroyed car's headlights reflected off the silhouette of someone, and alarm invaded all of felix's senses. he started crawling away.

the person's steps grew quicker, and despite the heavy rainfall felix could still hear his thundering heartbeat. god, he didn't want to die.

he almost cried out in frustration when his body exhaustedly sank to the ground, and he stilled as the figure in front of him stopped.

"hey, look at me."

felix was stunned by the youthful female voice that he heard, but his fright prevented him from doing as the person asked.

"don't be afraid. i'm here for you."

the person stepped even closer, forcing felix to look up for once.

a young lady doned in a simple white blouse and a plaited skirt greeted his vision. on top her bone straight dark hair was a black barrette, and her rosy lips lifted into a smile. in her right hand held a transparent umbrella which didn't let the rain get to her.

"you're lee felix, right?" at felix's shocked expression, she chuckled.

"you must be wondering how i know your name. it has it on your school shirt." she pointed at his shirt, but felix was too out of it to feel embarrassed about her statement.

he pushed himself back when she knelt down, extending her hand to him.

"i'm not going to hurt you, felix. i want to help you," she started, her bright smile not leaving her face. "take my head please."

felix had never seen this lady before, and he didn't even have an idea of how he got here. he didn't even know where this place was located.

the rain contined to pelt down on him, and goosebumps rose along his skin.

"come on," the woman chided, "you can trust me. i'll get you help. i'll make you safe."

who are you? felix wanted to ask, but was as if his voice had left him. his lips were impossibly dry, and his throat felt sore.

when felix's palm finally met hers, the lady's smile grew warmer and more comforting, which was all felix had needed right now. he'd spent most of his time here feeling unwanted and ignored, but at that point in time, he felt like he was needed for once.

the woman brought him to his feet, using her umbrella to shield them both from the rain.

"where...where are we going?" felix ended up asking. as expected, his voice was hoarse from all the screaming he'd done these past hours, but luckily, the woman had heard him.

she looked at him, her raven locks swirling in the wind, tickling her lovely face. her dark brown eyes held an uncanny glint in them.

she intertwined their hands.

"home."

***

a/n: thoughts so far?