♡ 56

¡trigger warning: minor descriptions of blood!

***

you chose: ICE

was this the right choice?

***

seungmin was stiff with anxiety the moment he sat down on the couch across from his blue haired cousin, hyunjin by his side. the taller looked calm, calmer than seungmin had ever seen him actually, and he inwardly cursed himself for feeling so feverish and jittery lately.

he felt like a mess, and he probably looked like one right now as well.

dahyun listened attentively as hyunjin told him about the encounters that he'd had with the strange people on the app heart you especially the one named 'leef15' and the other guy seungmin'd recently chatted with as well. she didn't utter a word as hyunjin then proceeded to reveal to her what he and seungmin had found out about leef15, as well as the blog that said the user had disappeared about four years ago.

she only decided to say something when hyunjin got to the part about what had happened to seungmin's cousin.

"are you absolutely sure that was jisung?" dahyun asked, her question directed more towards seungmin, but the male didn't have it in him to answer her.

as he'd done ever since he and seungmim visited the woman's house, hyunjin replied for the younger. "...yeah. seungmin said it was him. he... he saw jisung before he'd...transformed."

"and how did you guys manage to stop him?" dahyun asked, looking more and more worried as the seconds ticked by.

"as soon as i heard screaming i ran into my dad's storage and picked up a rifle. i'd been able to shoot jisung multiple times only because we live near the forest and my dad used to shoot at the wild animals which occassionally crossed over to our side. he taught me how to use a rifle when i was little."

dahyun ran a hand through her locks. "did you kill him?"

"no... he managed to head back into the forest, but i was certain those shots would've killed him," hyunjin replied. then, he slowly added, "why did you ask?"

"he's probably not dead."

hyunjin's eyes grew wide. "what do you mean?"

"remember the text i sent you guys? about me wanting to tell you guys about what i found? there's only one piece of evidence that i need for me to confirm everything else," dahyun said, before opening up the sketchbook that had been lying on the table. she then grabbed a pencil and gently handed it to seungmin.

"...can you draw what you saw that night? i feel like you might be able to sketch in more details since you were the one who saw jisung first..." she added in a soft whisper.

seungmin inhaled a shaky breath, unclenching his clammy fists, and hyunjin shot an alarmed look dahyun's way.

"i'll draw this for him, dahyun. please. seungmin's really tired, and not to mention he's still recovering from -- "

"hyunjin," seungmin firmly interrupted. he took the pencil out of dahyun's hand, and slowly shook his head. if there was one thing he hated, it would be beong pitied. he despised it. "i'm fine. i'll...i'll draw the picture. your drawings are shit anyways."

despite the attempt at a joke, no one smiled.

seungmin lowly huffed, and then began sketching what he'd seen with as much detail as he possibly could.