♡ 39

¡trigger warning! (mentions of kidnapping)

***

changbin couldn't believe it. but yet there it was, irrevocably real. it would've been easy for him to dismiss all that felix had showed him that evening, to cast all his words aside and just focus on the beauty of the younger, but something in him prevented him from doing so, which was strange since he was a realist in every sense of the word. but that night, he hung on to felix's every word, taking in the taller's stories about how he became what he was, and what exactly he did.

changbin didn't know what had taken over him that night, but all he knew was that he believed what felix had told him, pushing away all the doubts that clouded his mind. when the pink haired male spoke to him, it was like he was in a mantra of sorts, and nothing else in the world made sense but his words.

the dark clouds were dense with incoming rainfall, coating the skies a dreary shade of grey. freezing drips of rain made their way down changbin's clothed body, but the student didn't even react in the slightest.

his fingers clasped against the rusting metal handles of the swing, the cold surface seeping into every pore of his skin. but yet again, he ignored the feeling.

his eyes surveyed every nook and cranny of the local playground in was in, studying the group of kids playing around by the sandpit. there were three of them, and they were doned in their large raincoats, squealing and jumping around, their hands intertwined.

changbin continued to sit on his side of the swing, motionless until the kids started to disperse.

kinda need one. preferably small. young.

to changbin's luck, two of the taller boys had left, leaving the remaining one. the child was small, with short brown hair and rosy cheeks. he'd pulled his yellow raincoat's hood over his head, seeming to be waiting for someone. his parents, perhaps.

changbin stood up and clasped his hands together. "hey, kid!"

in an instant, the kid turned his head around, and his large round eyes met changbin's own. the college student smiled, making his expression as friendly and as harmless as possible.

"hi..." the little boy whispered. despite changbin's welcoming demeanor, he still looked a bit tense.

"you shouldn't be in the rain all alone like this. aren't your parents going to pick you up?" changbin asked him. he looked around the area, trying to appear as if he was looking for the boy's parents when in fact he was making sure that no one was in fact around.

"uhm, my dad is going to come pick me up," the boy replied.

"well," changbin grinned, "you should probably go somewhere that has more shade. there's a pastry shop nearby, one that will get rid of all the chills. i can take you to it. you're probably feeling really cold."

for a second there, the boy looked hesitant, but changbin didn't let his calm facade falter.

"it's getting pretty dark out here. when did you say your dad was coming for you?"

the kid's eyebrows knitted. "around...seven, i think?"

"woah, that's a little bit too late. a little kid like you shouldn't be alone at this time," changbin replied. "here, how 'bout we work it out like this. you follow me to that pastry shop, and i'll call your dad to come you. i'll also get you a treat if you're hungry."

the little boy paused, and for a second there was nothing other than the light drizzle of rain. but finally, he slowly nodded.

i don't know if you'd be able to do this, but it'll be really nice if you did.

changbin held the boy's hand as they crossed the road together, glad that the child had now trusted him.

they kept on walking as they crossed a couple unoccupied buildings with paint peeling off their walls, and that was when the raven haired male sprung into action.

i just -- it's something that always takes a toll on me. makes me feel kinda regretful.

the boy could only let out a shriek as changbin shut his hand around his mouth, muffling out his screams. the student was quick, putting the boy in a choke-hold that made him unconscious after a couple of seconds.

you get that, right?

then, he quickly carried the unresponsive body into his car that had been parked near the area, before getting in himself and driving off.

i hate having a conscience.

too bad changbin had lost his a long time ago.