♡ 58

hyunjin was uneasy the moment he stepped into this particular cafe in town that weekend. of course, he'd been feeling uneasy ever since seungmin'd told him off on monday, threatening him not to call him. the younger also never answered any of hyunjin's texts either, before proceeding not to attend school for the rest of the week.

hyunjin had been, and he still was, very worried for the shorter, but he didn't want to bother him or become a nuisance. every text he'd sent seungmin had been read by the latter, which was a sign that the brown haired male was at least okay.

hyunjin's mind whirred with several thoughts as he told the barista his order and name, thinking back to the moment he'd confronted seungmin about his bloodied wrist. that whole moment had been strange, so seungmin's alarmed reaction was justified. hyunjin didn't even know why he'd chosen to ask that specific question.

once he'd gotten his order, he decided to choose a seat by the windows, fondling his phone in his hands and contemplating if he should risk it and text seungmin again. the younger's silence was only adding fuel to the embers of his anxiety.

hyunjin would wish he'd opted for quickly leaving the cafe instead though.

as his thumb lingered over seungmin's contact info, the hairs on his back stood on end at the distinct and distrubing feeling of being watched.

he felt heated holes burning into his face, examining him and studying his every move.

hyunjin bit his lip, unable to ease the harsh thumping of his heart.

"um, can i sit here?"

at the voice hyunjin almost fell out of his seat, a jolt of alarm sinking down his spine. he looked up with a jerk, his eyes taking in the male across from him.

the guy in front of him seemed normal enough, donned in a grey hoodie that hugged his muscular frame. he looked young, probably just a little bit older than hyunjin, and in his hand was an americano. when his and hyunjin's gazes met, he released a friendly smile.

"uh," hyunjin cleared his throat, a bit taken aback at the unknown male's presence. "s-sure, i guess..."

with that, the guy took the seat across from him, slowly taking a sip out of his coffee.

the atmosphere was awkward, since they barely knew each other, and hyunjin just couldn't get rid of his nerves. it wasn't because the guy made him terrified or anything, he just felt a bit... cautious. maybe that was it.

min🌸

hyunjin: min, what are you doing right now?

hyunjin texted seungmin to see if he would reply, and bit back the disappointment he felt when the younger didn't reply. once again.

bitterness, along with worry and sorrow swirled inside his bloodstream, and the more seconds that passed, the more frustrated he became. the feeling only grew when spotted the cafe's doors getting all condensed with the surprising amount of heavy rainfall that suddenly appeared.

his lips pursed. he'd totally forgotten to bring his umbrella today.

once he felt like he was being watched again, he glanced at the guy, who only smiled at him.

"something wrong?" he asked, concern dripping off his voice.

hyunjin shrugged, chuckling a bit. "just forgot to bring an umbrella is all."