♡ 54

seungmin hated this. he hated how feverish he'd become, hated the way he'd seemed to develop a cold sweat despite his body feeling so hot all over, and he definitely hated how many times he'd spent bent over the toilet bowl, retching his guts out that night.

night seemed to extend on for forever, with hyunjin keeping on high alert in case 'jisung' came back and seungmin zoning out for most of it.

the student could still remember that empty look on his cousin's eyes, the sunken flesh and the thin yet long claws that had extended from his fingertips. the horrific image had engraved itself into his mind, making him unable to think or do anything in the right state of mind. he'd rejected all of hyunjin's attempts to help him feel better, because there was no way he could eat or drink anything when his mental state was so vacant.

"i'd get the car fixed," hyunjin'd informed seungmin sometime during the next day. the younger could only nod, hitching up the duvet over his body on the taller's bed. "my parents are home and i made up some sort of explanation."

"...and i'm sorry."

"for what?" seungmin whispered.

"i was the one who made you come over in the first place. you could've died, and... and now you're obviously sick."

"i'll...get over it soon."

"i have to take you to the hospital."

at this point in time seungmin couldn't argue any longer. hell, he didn't even have the strength to. he just closed his eyes, and everything passed by like a blur yet again.

***

seungmin ended up getting prescribed flu medications, as well as getting his back treated, which he also hated. he despised getting sick, and medications made him want to throw up more than half the time.

since this was sunday, seungmin decided to spend his remaining hours at hyunjin's place, not wanting to go home and not wanting the older to be by himself again.

"thanks for getting the car fixed," seungmin told hyunjin later that afternoon. they were both inside the latter's room, and since the younger male was feeling much better physically (though not as much mentally), he'd decided to show his gratitude. "my dad would've killed me if i showed up to his house with the car looking like that."

he chuckled, but hyunjin looked serious staring at hin.

"what?" seungmin asked.

hyunjin cleared his throat and looked away. "the...thing you saw. you looked like you recognized it."

seungmin gulped. "it... it was jisung. at least, it had been jisung."

to his relief, hyunjin didn't overreact like he'd expected.

"i can't believe what took place last night. it just didn't seem real. none of it did," hyunjin admitted. he shifted closer to the younger and gently pushed the mug of chamomile tea on the table towards seungmin. "you haven't taken a sip of it yet."

"i'm not really in the mood to take anything."

"come on. it'll make you feel better," hyunjin urged. he held the mug by its handle and placed it in seungmin's palms. "take it. i made it all without the help of my mom."

seungmin burst out into laughter. "seriously?"

hyunjin smiled, shifting even closer. "yeah. it tastes good, trust me."

"why do you need me to taste it so much? you aren't my boyfriend."

"i don't need to be your boyfriend to care about you." hyunjin sounded awkward. "so drink the tea before i force you to myself. please."

at last seungmin finally drank the tea, rolling his eyes when hyunjin made an obvious point of keeping his eyes on him all the way through.

"how does it taste?" hyunjin asked just as he'd opened his laptop.

"fruity," was seungmin's flat response.

hyunjin sighed, but chuckled nonetheless. "hey, do you wanna watch a movie with me? it'll take our mind off the...stuff that happened yesterday."

seungmin just nodded, and soon enough they both were snuggled up on the taller's bed under the blankets, watching a lighthearted romantic comedy. but soon those medications seungmin had taken earlier caused him to fall asleep, his head rested on hyunjin's chest.

hyunjin decided not to disturb his friend, and chose to continue watching the movie until seungmin's phone started vibrating on the bedside drawer.

not thinking much of it, he picked up the device, seeing that it was a text message from seungmin's cousin, the lady named dahyun.

dahyun: i listened to the recording and...

hyunjin softly ruffled the younger's hair, stirring the sleepy boy awake.

"min, what's your password?"

"hmm...myday6."

hyunjin laughed at this, remembering the younger's affinity for that specific band. his smile, however, died off once he read dahyun's full message.

***

lixxie

lixxie: i need to leave

changbin: and how are you going to do that? you said you could never escape your 'mother'

lixxie: there's only one way out, i think

lixxie: but you have to help me

changbin: of course i will

lixxie: you must promise never to back out

lixxie: you have to do as i say, and act accordingly

lixxie: whatever you see or do, you must keep quiet about all of it

lixxie: and for that to happen, you have to make a sacrifice

changbin: what kind of sacrifice will i be making then?

lixxie: you'll find out after you're done

lixxie: you want to be with me, right?

changbin: i do

lixxie: there's this guy in heart you that i want you to get for me.

lixxie: for us.

changbin: who is he?