♡ 36

it was quiet in the public library -- way more than it should've been, and a certain pink haired male laughed, trying to diffuse the semi-awkward atmosphere.

"uhm -- " felix started, closing the small book in his hands. "this is kinda weird. we couldn't have picked a worse place to visit."

he couldn't believe that this was happening either. when he'd first suggested for him and changbin to meet up at this place, he'd half expected the older male to say no, or change his mind at the last second. he'd even suspected the guy to be a catfish at one point, but here he was, with the same face he had on the pictures he'd shared with him.

changbin blinked, as if he'd been previously distracted by something. from the minute they met in person, he'd never kept his eyes off felix for too long, almost as if he thought if he looked away for a second, the younger male would disappear.

"uh, yeah," he said.

felix laughed again, amused by how changbin was starting to blush. "...right. i can tell you're paying so much attention to what i'm saying right now."

"of course i am," changbin replied, rolling up the sleeves of his navy blue hoodie. his gaze lingered on the younger's face. "it's just..."

"just what?"

"i just can't believe we're actually seeing each other face to face right now. can't believe you're right there." changbin explained. his fingers absentmindedly played with his hoodie's drawstrings, and he bit his lip. "you look even better in real life... and you're freakishly tall."

"see? i was telling the truth after all," felix giggled. he playfully kicked changbin's ankles, smiling when the dark haired male only glared at him in response. "i've got long legs."

"i can see that," changbin remarked. "but seriously... we actually met. i'm so happy right now. really."

"i'm happy as well." and felix was telling the truth. this was the most he'd smiled and laughed in a long time, and it was all because of the shorter male seated across from him. he just couldn't contain his excitement, even if he knew he couldn't prolong the inevitable any longer. he just wanted to preserve that euphoric feeling for a while. "really happy."

changbin smiled at this, and his smile grew even more when felix proceeded to hide his face behind the book in his hands. "gosh, why are you so cute?"

"i'm not cute," felix said. "i'm eighteen. i'm basically an adult."

"you still look twelve though."

felix kicked the older's leg under the table, nose scrunched in pure delight when changbin let out a sound of discomfort.

"yes, i got you," he squealed.

"you're too cute, so i'm gonna let that slide," changbin responded whilst adjusting the baseball cap on his head. he leaned in, closing in the space between him and felix by a couple centimeters. "so..."

"sooo..."

changbin raised an eyebrow. he fondly smiled when the younger boy laughed again. "so...what were you planning on telling me, big guy?"

instantly, felix's smile dropped, and his countenance changed. changbin picked up on it, and as a result quickly added,

"you don't need to tell me anything if you don't want to. we can just go out together and call it a day."

but felix only shook his head. "i'll...i'll tell you what you need to know. you just have to believe what i say." he met changbin's eyes. "the only thing is that we have to talk about it somewhere else. ...preferably your place?"

it was clear that changbin was curious -- and understandably so -- but he nodded along either way. "sure... i guess."

felix tried to conceal his anxiety by grinning. "okay. thanks."

***

changbin's house was nothing short of comfortable and homey, and it eased off some of the nerves that had rooted themselves inside felix's chest.

when the older male had closed the door, he turned around to face the taller. "do you want anything? i think i did some last-minute shopping yesterday."

"you think?" felix chuckled. he heartily laughed when the raven haired male just shrugged. "nah, it's fine. i'm good." he walked up to the small couch in front of him and sat down on it. "i just need to get this over with."

changbin didn't hesitate to take the seat next to the pink haired boy, making sure to put a little bit of distance between them in case he wasn't all that comfortable with him yet.

"okay. i think i'll need you to lean on the couch a little bit," felix instructed. he witnessed the other's raised brows, and proceeded to add, "just -- trust me. i won't hurt you."

"...okay." changbin nodded. he made himself comfortable on the couch, even though his mind raced with different possibilities of what the taller boy might want to do to him. he wasn't scared, no, he was just curious. he knew he wouldn't hesitate to defend himself if need be, but he honestly didn't think felix was capable of doing something harmful to him. the boy looked too pure for that.

"are you relaxed?" felix questioned. he looked pretty nervous.

changbin nodded. "yeah, i guess."

without warning, the taller suddenly latched his palm around changbin's neck, which clearly alarmed the older.

"stop," felix commanded, halting him. "relax. see what i'm doing."

changbin, still alert, did as felix had instructed because he discovered the younger wasn't actually choking him. instead, he felt like most of the tension in his body had left him behind, and felix's touched burnt and cooled the skin of his neck at the same time. he watched with wide eyes as something that appeared to be a mass of grey smoke escaped the younger's fingertips, swirling around his neck.

he was completely and utterly speechless, and his eyes felt more and more heavy.

as soon as felix pulled his hand away, changbin felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"...what..." changbin struggled to speak.

"i'm sorry if any of that hurt you. it hadn't been my intention," felix replied, looking away. all he felt was guilt as changbin stared at him with a flabbergasted expression.

"i wasn't hurt. i just... what the hell did you just do to me?" changbin asked, breathless.

felix chewed on his upper lip. "i took a bit of your consciousness."

"what?"

"you wanted to know the truth, and i'm telling it to you. i take people's consciousness, make them susceptible to me and use them to my gain. this," felix raised his hand, and changbin spotted those smoke-like things leaving the younger's open palm, "is how i do so."

changbin's eyes never left felix's hand. "h-how?"

"it's a long story."

"and i've got time."