♡ 55 [ tape 03 ]

felix and the woman had to walk a lot, so when they'd finally gotten to their destination, felix was nothing short of relieved.

he was tired, soaking wet and hungry, and that made him all the more eager to enter the woman's warm abode in the woods, glad that he could finally escape the cold for once.

"the others are asleep," she said once felix made himself comfortable on the couch. "so we have to be quiet."

"who are they?" felix whispered, his teeth slightly clattering together.

"my kids," was her brief explanation.

then she set to work. in just a few minutes, she'd gotten felix changed into thicker clothing, some food to eat as well as a glass of water.

after this was done, she knelt in front of him and smiled.

"okay, i'd like to introduce myself. you can call me yeseul, and i'll be taking care of you from now on."

felix, still battling with his tiredness, just nodded along. he completely missed the amused glint in the young woman's eyes.

"now, i'd like to know more about you," she began. "and i'd like to help you as well. what happened to you today?"

felix stared down at her, still a bit wary of her presence, but her smile seemed reassuring and pleasant enough, so he decided to tell her the truth. "i got beaten up by a group of guys from my school. after they were done, i ran out, determined to go home, but then something hit me. i can't remember much else."

yeseul slowly nodded. "you got hit by that car that you saw when you woke up."

"how did you..."

"i saw everything. it was a good thing you survived."

felix was undoubtedly confused, but he didn't have the strength to ask anything else.

"those boys made you angry, right?" yeseul asked again.

felix could only nod, not wanting to replay those horrid moments over again in his mind. "...yeah."

"here," the woman stood up. "follow me."

"where to?"

"there's this place i want you to know about, since you'll be living with me from now on. it's top secret, and you have to make sure to never tell anyone else about it, okay?"

felix shook his head yes, and forced himself to stand up. "...okay..."

"b-but..." he started once they began to walk. "what's in there?"

yeseul smiled, but for once her smile didn't look that friendly. she suddenly looked much paler as well. "you'll get to see it for yourself, felix. it's also what's going to keep you alive for years to come."