1x3

"Wechecked the license plate, the car belongs to William Halstead" patrolman reported on a car that was found almost completely burned, and with a body inside it.

Voight looked at the corpse looking for something that could not be seen with the naked eye, a hint that this was not dr. Will, anything that would not make Jay tell her that her youngest brother is dead. Lindsay approaches her adoptive father with only a thread of hope that could break at any moment.

The burned-out vehicle was found within ten minutes and was already surrounded by police officers and experts. Hank asked for agility on the exam and that was a priority. The body of a tall man, about 30 years old, fits in several aspects to that of Will, which only makes the job more difficult. With a clear command Voight told Al and Ruzek to get Jay as soon as the test results arrived.

Security images of the area were being collected and analyzed, members of the Intelligence Unit were taking depositions along with the FBI agents.

The day seemed to be longer than usual, no matter what happened, everything was more complicated and being stopped by the agents only made the detectives more irritable and likely to fight. The result came in the late afternoon, which was incredibly fast considering the car was found at five-thirty that morning

[•••]

Pov's Cassy "Cani" Montenegro

Delayed and irresponsible is what those three are, the worst is that I am no longer surprised by this. Since we were pre teenagers every time we decided to do something together, the Halsteads arrived late, Mouse as always was stuck with Jay also was not punctual.

That's because I said I had something serious to talk to them, imagine if I had not said anything ?! No matter, we have bigger problems to solve since that miserable bastard managed to escape from prison, but I said we should have killed him, but no, no one listens. This phrase makes me smile for the childish way I sometimes behave.

In the distance I can see Mouse looking around for me. I shake my head to shake off the idea of ​​punching him for the delay, something in Jay's face made me stay alert.

"Boys" me next to them pulling my bag. Jay hugs me, which despite being ordinary becomes strange.

"It's good to see you Cassy," he says as he walks away.

"The situation is so ugly like this?" I ask, taking the smile off my face, Jay and Mouse, much more the blonde to irritate me, they always call me Cani. They just did not do it during the missions we had in Afghanistan, other than just when Jay was almost suspended for knocking out a kid from our school who beat Will. And speaking of the redhead "Where's Will?"

They both change that look of guilt and complicity, which makes me very suspicious, this look is never good especially when former Rangers are involved.

"Let's talk in your apartment," I say. Jay's shoulder, and leaving the bag at Mouse's feet,

whoever saw from afar thought I was a little dubious, because of the mania of wearing necklaces, bracelets, rings, and expensive purse. deep inside we're great friends despite the troubled past we've had.For example, this is one of the few times I've re-encountered Jay and Greg together since the Halstead's mother's funeral, in which Will was not meant to do I

arrived in the apartment that Jay and Will shared, just ten minutes after leaving the airport due to the little traffic of cars on schedule.As a result of my hunger I I made them for air in a Fast-Food restaurant to buy something, since I've never really been tied to my health or form.

I play on the couch cleaning my cheddar-dirty mouth, I look around and notice how messy the place is, because two brothers men share it, that should not surprise me, however, when one of the villagers is such a former soldier. crazy by housekeeping who tucks up his underwear. The heavy weather is another thing that is well evident in here.