4x8

"Do you know that woman, Alisson?" Asked Erin.

The two women were in the restaurant, waiting for the food to be served. They didn't say anything about what happened at the police station, enjoying a moment of rest.

Cassy never had a problem speaking the truth when it suited her, or revealing things from the Halstead brothers' past — where she particularly wanted Alisson to have stayed — but that would bring problems that she was avoiding.

"We studied senior year together"  Cassy chose the information carefully  "but a long time ago."

Ten years, to be more precise, the night Alisson married Jay. And Cassy slept with Mouse, got pregnant and had a child. That was the biggest reason why Cassy didn't play her friend's failed lightning relationship. Well, that was until Alisson reappeared with his son.

Erin shook her head, she wasn't very happy, but she was trying to accept that without creating a big case. He needed to maintain his own peace of mind, for the sake of his baby.

~~~~~~

Jay walked down the stairs to where Mouse was working. The blonde was looking at the screen high on the wall, where a replay of the hockey game was playing.

"He's still alive," Mouse said, smiling.

" Why wouldn't I be alive? " Jay asked, wanting to know how much the friend wanted.

"I went in the lobby" he revealed "I saw you surrounded by Cassy, ​​Erin and Alisson."

Jay dropped into a chair, rubbing his forehead. Alisson should not have shown up, in fact he who should never have married her, but in the end it was just bad decisions mixing up to end his peace.

"So" Mouse turned to face his friend "found out what Alisson wanted anyway?"

"She was passing through the city " Jay replied, receiving a look of disbelief "that's what she said, before introducing me to her son."

"What son?" Mouse asked, his eyes widening.

Jay didn't respond immediately, his cell phone rang in his pocket. He ignored Mouse's question when he answered and spoke to his brother.

Mouse realized that he would not receive an answer from him, so he decided to ask someone else in the room. Not for Erin, because he questioned Jay's courage in admitting to her about his first marriage.

So when Jay left the room with just a whispered "bye". Mouse took out his cell phone and texted Cassy.

[Hospital]

Jay entered the hospital and came face to face with Maggie, he asked for information about his brother, and was sent to the floor where the inmates were.

Will was having lunch with Natalie when his brother arrived at the hospital, which made the brunette have to hunt the redhead around the hospital until he finally found him.

Will said goodbye to Natalie before going on with his brother for an important conversation.

~~~~

"Are you sure this is not a bit of the paranoia created by Cassy?" Jay asked.

—If it was just the conversation, or the request for help separately, maybe " Will agreed "but you should have seen Abigail's face when Amelia appeared. She was terrified."

Jay scratched his head, that was both unbelievable and very plausible. His detective side taking the reins of his brain started to connect the dots. Amelia said she was very friendly with Abigail, which would give her free passage to a traumatized woman who hardly spoke, so Amelia could discreetly control the other.

Another call was made in his mind.

The mysterious appearance of Amélia Barton, which so disturbed his wife and childhood friend, now he realized the connection. It looked like an epiphany. Amelia was saved by Hank a few days after the Brazilian girl was found in New York. They looked like things without the slightest connection, but when a traffic network may be behind the case, many things that look like chance can actually be planned.

"Damn it" Jay raged looking around before looking at his brother  "she may be right."

"I know, it's still hell" Will agreed, remembering all the times Cassy was right "So what are you going to do?"

"I need to talk to Abigail, alone."

"She doesn't speak, " the redhead interrupted his brother's plan "maybe with a woman, but she is afraid of most men."

Jay agreed taking his cell phone out of his pocket sending a message to his new partner, Upton, to meet him at the hospital, now he just needed to get rid of Amelia for a while.

"And I thought you were going to propose to Natalie and wanted moral support" Jay murmured leaving his brother perplexed.

And there is Will, again sorry to have said something to his brother. He looked at Jay and noticed the expression change as he looked beyond him.

The redhead turned to the hospital entrance standing in front of the door, Natalie gaping. Will closed his eyes for a second. Damn his brother for screwing up his plans when he himself was just trying to help you in case.

When he opened his eyes he saw his brother sneaking out, as if he hadn't said anything.

Jay left his brother and girlfriend alone and went down to the hospital entrance to find Upton.

~~~~~~

Jay stopped in the hallway between Abigail's room and the elevator, while Hailey came in to try to talk to the woman. From there, he could watch anyone entering or leaving that part of the ward.

Out of the corner of his eye, the brunette could see his new partner talking to the victim, and she was crying copiously.