3x5

The news about the explosion at the amusement park was in every newspaper in town at lunchtime, dozens of injured, four people killed including two children. Whoever passed near Hank Voight could feel his desire to have the head of the person or persons who caused the attack, and who knew him was sure there would be no rest until he got what he wanted.

Still annoyed that he couldn't reach Ruzek, Lindsay, and Halstead, Hank spent the morning with Alvin Olinsky and the company of a dozen other law enforcement officers investigating the attack. When Adam finally arrived the sergeant was very angry.

"Decided to show up?" Olinsky asked exhaling sarcasm as Voight exuded the typical irritation.

"I was in the square so far," the blonde replied, "I needed to find Erin but I couldn't.

" She was like his partner, "Voight said, knowing that from Platt's information.

" Yes, but we parted while we were helping out. " said keeping a certain distance "and could not talk to her again.

One of Voight's eyebrows arched as he studied the young detective from head to toe, Ruzek was all smudged with dust and some soot, and some bloodstains on his bulletproof vest and navy shirt underneath.

"what about Halstead?

So" So the 51 paramedics told me they found Jay in the park, shot near the carousel "Ruzek watching the two veterans change their expressions slightly as they heard the news" he was sent to the med, I tried to talk to Will, but he didn't answer.

Hank turned to the other members of his Intelligence Unit, analyzing each of them Antonio, Burgess, and Atwater.

"We go to the hospital, someone will find the mouse.

~~~

Sitting in an uncomfortable chair annoyingly, Erin looked at any point on the front wall without paying attention to what was happening around him really. His eyes burned with unshed tears, the Her body seemed to weigh a ton, sadness and worry were stuck in her

throat.Cassy left her in the waiting room next to Pat Halstead, Jay's father, a person Erin would have liked to have known better, even if they didn't. formally introduced. "

The ex ranger left shortly after Mouse arrived, she stifled the urge to strangle the blonde for the time of stress he caused her, all the more so because the stress didn't end thanks to Jay's third surgery. hour. Cassy then left them there and went to the home of her younger sister to find his son, but not before witnessing another argument between father and son.

you Halstead as always m expressed his contempt for the profession of both children, especially Will's choice of going to college. With a little difficulty Cassy managed to prevent a worse discussion between them.

On leaving the hospital she ran into Hank and the other members of the Intelligence Unit.

"Voight," she compressed the sergeant.

"Miss Montenegro," he answered, "any news about Halstead?

" "He's still in surgery," she replied as she shook hands with the other cops. "He was shot in the chest, but I couldn't figure out where. Erin and Mouse are in there.

"That's why we can't talk to both of them," Dawson said.

"Well I need to see my son if you'll excuse me.

" Was he in the park? Burgess asked worriedly.

"Yes, with an idiot who doesn't answer his cell phone," she complained rolling her eyes, "well I have to go."

She exited the parking lot as the staff entered the hospital. As she walked through the cars, she felt her cell phone ring in her jeans pocket, on the phone screen gleaming at her former boss's number, or current as he insisted she stay at work with a single message.

"Stefan Anderwood came into the country"

A single message could make everything go around 360 degrees, making things that seemed meaningless and binding into something concrete and scary.

Cassy answered the message with another one with only an address and a time, although Stefan was a threat she still needed to see how Elliot was doing.

~~~

As soon as he stepped into the waiting room, Hank felt the air of worry that filled the air. Several people were there waiting for information from their relatives and / or friends who were undergoing surgery, many of which were caused by the attack hours ago.

The sergeant found Erin sitting next to Mouse, Doctor Will standing next to a much older man he was visibly arguing with. Burgess walked over to her friend, bending down in front of her, realizing that the brunette wasn't paying much attention to anything.

"Doctor" Olinsky caught the redhead's attention.

Will turned to the detective, interrupting his conversation with his father who held his criticism as usual, noting that he did not return to Chicago when his mother died.

"Detective Olinsky" he walked over to him.

"Any news?

Before he could answer, a doctor crossed the double doors that came from the operating room, so he stepped in the room getting the attention of all people with a clipboard in hand with the patient's name you just operate.

Erin almost jumped at her boyfriend's name rising to her feet, just behind Will and her father she listened to what the doctor was saying, feeling her legs weaken when he said the shot had not hit any organ very lucky. Being supported by Kim and Hank, she was relieved to hear that he would not have any sequels and could already receive visitors.

"Only family," Patric Halstead said loud and clear.

"She's his girlfriend's father," Will intervened. .

"I do not care" Mr. Halstead "only the family and Greg, Jaylike to have the friend beside you when you wake up.

"Do you think he'll be pleased to hear that you stopped his girlfriend?

" "I didn't ask your opinion William," he snapped, "I won't listen to anyone who doesn't care about his own family.

The older Halstead turned his back on his younger son, completely ignoring him without giving him the slightest chance of argument.

"Sorry," Will muttered following his father to see his brother.

"One hour he'll go out to eat and I'll take you there," Mouse said to Erin before following the redhead.

Lindsay was taken out with the rest of the team, Burgess pledged to take her home while Voight headed for the damage control meeting with superiors and FBI agents.

Entering the house she shared with Jay, Erin collapsed on the couch crying so hard she was even surprised at how emotional she was. Kim sat next to her hugging her friend and letting her cry for all the time she needed to calm down while stroking her short dark hair, repeating that Jay was alive and well.

Erin was grateful to have a friend nearby, whom she could count on without being judged. Over time she calmed down and uncontrolled crying turned into sobs and finally stopped.

Feeling that headache again like nails being hammered into his temples, Erin went after medicine.

"This headache is annoying," she commented, trying to stifle the worry that remained in her chest.

"You should see a doctor Erin."

" That's when we catch whoever did this to Jay and all those people, "she said, preparing to go to work, certain she couldn't stay home doing nothing, as potential terrorists who nearly killed her boyfriend in the city without going crazy.