4x5

Chapter 5: Old Friends, Good Allies

[Chicago Police Station]

Erin watched Hank Voight's departure with Amelia slightly uneasily, as much as she tried to ignore the blonde's existence, Erin still had a bad feeling about her. Still she realized how strange Jay was when he returned, the brunette sat at his desk avoiding eye contact with her, Lindsay stared at him for a long moment trying to find out what was pewter, when the phone rang again. Each day it became more tiringly irritating to be the unit's errand girl, yet she took a deep breath before answering the phone and tried to sound as calm as possible.

[New York Police Station - Special Victims Unit]

Amanda was surprised to be seen by Erin, even more to discover that the young detective was pregnant, amid many things that happened in the last few months the blonde still remembered going to the her marriage to Jay, I didn't think she was pregnant at the time. After explaining the situation and asking to speak directly with Voight all the blonde managed to do was to congratulate the brunette and wait for the return of the sergeant who was not at the police station.

Back at work, Rollins wasted more time than he thought was prudent facing Carisi on the other side of the huge floor. With her dark blond hair combed back and dress clothes all she could see were arrows of what happened a week ago, or at least what almost happened between them, that shouldn't have happened, their friendship should have stayed in that field , just friends, and then why was it so easy to forget this important detail?

Maybe she had looked too much, or maybe he was thinking about her, maybe he had felt her watching him, whatever the possibility or the truth that made him turn around, it happened. His clear eyes connect for a single second before she turns to the computer. She was happy that he didn't try to talk about it, she didn't want to have an argument in which they tried to define what happened, but something inside her wished she hadn't stopped where she left off.

While trying to ignore the fact that she had dreamed of Carisi in the past two nights, being slightly frustrated and tired that her daughter had been ill the day before, Rollins immersed herself in investigating Ana's case. they took him to Chicago or the cemetery. Olivia received the news that it was impossible to speak to Hank without much surprise, so the brunette called on his private cell phone.

[21st DP, Chicago]

"Whoever is alive always shows up" Ruzek said smiling as he greeted the New York detective.

"We're here to work," Detective Tutuola replied.

On the moving slate was a photo of Ana and her questioning the name of her mother, and another of Clarissa Alsterk, and all the others missing, and in another the photos of the suspects. As soon as Voight got the call from Olivia, he and his team started their own investigations and interrogations.

In the middle of the way Voight found his target, John Seda, the man didn't end up in jail, but paid a visit to the hospital with two broken ribs as well as some other bones and a friendly warning to stay away from Abigail Kane. That to Hank's unhappiness she had gone into a coma, so she couldn't say anything to help him.

"We have a lead on one of the suspects," Jay says, holding a folder.

Pointing to a picture on the board, he pastes a post-it with the address of a nightclub in the south side of Chicago. Half an hour after arriving in the city, Olivia was already in the passenger seat of the car heading towards Hell nightclub, with Hank driving the vehicle. Both talking about their lives until then.