3X13

The hospital doors open, amid a jumble of voices around the stretcher that is pushed into a trauma room, the cop's conscience would come and go in a matter of seconds. Even after several minutes the sound of gunfire echoed through his brain as if it had just been fired, the screams of children and adults were there as well, slightly muffled among all the other noises like sirens, voices and medical instructions and their loudly talking colleagues. with others.

Cassy stared at the restaurant sign cursing herself for not paying more attention to what her sister had said during the call, when she realized that Khya had taken her children and nephew right in the restaurant Anderwood was at.

The cops were as restless as she was, the restaurant is full of family, children scattered around the room, a perfect target for Anderwood. Entering and arresting him was not a good option, not sure if he was armed that would only leave everyone inside at risk in the crossfire. They had to wait for him to leave the restaurant to catch him."

The plans ended with three police officers shot and Anderwood killed, a more negative balance than the apparent one, even though the police are only injured undead - Ruzek was grazed on the shoulder, Hills in the leg - except for her still running one. certain risk with the gunshot that hit his neck.Another concern is that with Anderwood's death finding the missing boy - Daniel Rogers - no one would give up on finding the boy but the chances of doing so alive are much lower.

Cassy sat down on the hospital waiting room couch, the whole place full of cops as always happens when an officer is injured Elliot sitting on his lap almost asleep despite the noise, the brunette stared at the remaining members of the Intelligence Unit gathered in a corner Jay at his side beat his foot incessantly, clearly nervous and restless.

"Father" Elliot shouted out of his mother's lap and ran tohospital entrance leading to the street.

Cassy looked s Shoulder at the exact moment the dark-haired boy jumps into Mouse's arms, the blonde doesn't seem to have realized that the boy called him his father, Cassy wouldn't mind if she remembered that she had once told the boy the truth about it. , but did not say. However, at that moment she was too worried about her friend not collapsing after all, after seeing his girlfriend get shot, which left the subject about Elliot's paternity in the background.

" How are they?" Mouse questions as soon as he gets close enough to his friend.

"Ruzek just needed a few stitches," Cassy replied as the boy returned to his lap. "Mitchell will need physio but will survive. From Erin we have no news yet."

Jay seemed absorbed by the presence of everyone there, slowly getting up as he walked. to the door that separates the waiting room from the rest of the hospital, unfocused eyes showed that he was not 100 percent aware of the actions. The door opens automatically and the redhead Halstead appears staring at his brother, pulling him into a tight hug, both Will and his childhood friends knew the brunette was about to collapse, and that hug between the brothers was what he needed most.

"Hey Cassy," the brunette turned her head trying to find him calling her. She approached with her two sons following her. "How's the cop?"

"We don't know," she said, running a hand through her hair.

"Want me to stay with Elliot?" Cassy stares at the blonde and then the boy.

"Please," she looks into the boy's clear eyes, "go with your aunt, sweetheart."

The boy stepped out of his mother's arms slightly reluctantly and hugged her good-bye, then did the same to Mouse, and finally went to his aunt. Cassy was so exhausted at that moment she was almost on automatic, she laid her head on Mouse's shoulder looking straight ahead at the Halstead.

"Will she survive?" Mouse asked holding Cassy's hand.

"I hope so," she replies twining her fingers. "He loves her."

"Yes," he agrees.

Silence enveloped them as they stared straight ahead. Cassy saw her life again before her eyes, another reminder of why she should quit this life as an FBI agent before leaving her son an orphan. The gunshots still echoed in her ear as she allowed herself to be silent, Jay's cries for his girlfriend as she was hit by a bullet in the neck, all the blood that formed around Erin and Anderwood's body as the shots fired. they stopped, she wasn't sure, but something inside Cassy believed that all the cops in the operation stuck at least one bullet in the damn thing.

"I'm not going anywhere," she heard Mouse say above her head.

"Why?"

"After everything that happened this month, I realized that even though I don't really have a place for myself, I want to be in our son's life."

"You're an idiot," Cassy says, stepping back to meet his eyes. clear from the man "you think you have no place, no family or any reason but Elliot to stay but look around" she said waving her arms and pointing at Jay and Will "you you asshole are part of our families. You're important to all of us you idiot. "

" Is that your way of saying you like me and you're happy because I'm going to be? "

" Fuck Greg. "

He grinned as he realized that he was right in his theory, and a lot. Glad to know she liked him somehow, knowing that she cared about him became something else for the blonde.

The hours dragged by as they received no news that really mattered. When Erin's doctor finally came out against them the tension in the room was so strong it could almost be touched.

Jay and Hank approached the doctor surrounding him, the black man talking briefly with Will before finally speaking.

"Both are fine and strong."

The mention of two shook everyone in the room, even a few feet away. Cassy could see the two men frowning as imaginary gears spun in their brains in an attempt to form something consistent with the information. newly acquired.

"Two?"

"Yes" the doctor said as he did not understand the question that the others had "Detective Erin Lindsay and the baby."

"Oh my God" Cassy manifested higher than desired "she's pregnant."

The Jay's face color faded completely, highlighting her dark hair and freckles all over her face. He will be a father, and did not know. But complaining about her not commenting is nothing compared to the double joy that surrounded him at that time, his girlfriend, the wife and love of his life is alive and pregnant.

"Breathe," he heard Cassy's voice in his ear as he was hugged sideways by his brother, a mix of greeting and congratulations with support for standing up, "or you're going to faint."

"She's in the room, I'll take you all there, "the doctor said with a slight smile guiding Hank and Jay along the way to Erin.