2x4

Another night of work, Will sighed tiredly hoping the next hours were quiet, but the hope of some there had already lost that never really happened. But that first hour didn't have much movement, so the redhead decided to visit his best friend's son. It was still strange to think that this little boy with black hair and blue-green eyes was Cassy's son mostly knowing the brunette as he knew her.

Halstead entered the room, the little one was awake and Natalie tried in vain to talk to him. As soon as she noticed the redhead's presence Natalie smiled but the biggest surprise came a second later.

"Arzt Freund *" the voice was low and the doctors did not understand, but the boy started talking and that was a big step.

"You got him talking," Manning said, but he the boy shrank back.

"My name is Will, your mother Cassy is a great friend.

"Mama" the boy said and started to cry.

"Cassy? Is she his mother?" Natalie questioned Halstead who stated "You said she doesn't live in the country."

"No, I don't quite remember where she lives now why?"

"Maybe he doesn't speak because he doesn't understand" Will made a confused face at Manning's conclusion "if he was born or raised in a country that doesn't speak our language."

"It makes sense, but how do we know which language he speaks?

"Où vous êtes?" Manning asked the boy "It's all I know of French."

"Je vis en Suisse. Do you speak French?" Manning used his cell phone to search for what the little one said.

"I live in Switzerland. Do you speak French?" The electronic voice translated the child's speech.

A loud noise in the hallway near the bedroom interrupted what would be a small celebration, Will arched his eyebrows as he saw the boy cringe again. The redhead went to the door and saw two armed men, clearly not policemen, entering a room on the same corridor, that was not a good sign. The doctor turned to his colleague, with whom he was in love, and made a sign of silence, walked back to the bed and took the child on his lap, taking them out of the room as quietly as possible, could not take the elevator because they would have Aside from the criminals, the only other way was the stairs.

~~~

Mouse was so nervous he was almost annoying, the already imperative man was usually even worse, Jay was not calm either.

Voight has decided it is time to meet Cassy's son and really try to talk to him, since if the suspicions that the woman is in danger there is no time to lose at the moment.

Halstead's cell phone rang, a woman's voice was low and worried.

"Who is it?" Jay asked without recognizing the voice.

"He's in danger," his voice muffled, his breath cut in, as if he had no breath or strength to speak, "my son he..."