4x3

"This case is a huge headache" Peter Stone grunted massaging his temples.

"Do not tell me," Amanda said as she sat down at the large meeting table.

The girl found by Carisi at three days remains in the hospital, the list of problems found by the doctors only summarized the clear mistreatment that the little girl has suffered in recent months, but something in all this still made the detectives feel relieved, the child did not had been sexually abused but physically she had been beaten and spent a long time in the cold night with only a summer outfit.

"She's not American," Carisi said as she sat across the table. "She's Brazilian.

"That's all about immigration, parental kidnapping, and a lot of what the feds are up to, not us," Stone said knowing from Olivia's gaze that she would not let it go.

"Did she say anything about the family?" "Lieutenant Benson questioned Carisi.

The detective is the only person who can talk to the girl because she seems to be afraid of everyone else. Carisi spent the last hours talking to a frightened child who told her scary things.

"Her name is Ana Beatriz Silva, she's ten years old and she's from Brazil," Carisi explained, looking at Olivia. "She came here in September 2017 illegally, her mother's name is Fabiane, and they lived in a house with three more women who did not come to them. Ana is not sure how long she stayed right there, but according to her one night long the police invaded the place and separated her from her mother. Ana was taken to a house for a few days and then to a shed where she stayed with several other children for a long time. Until four days ago a man took her and two other children from this place and took them to a house where they had five men, Ana said that she fled through a window and is not sure how much she ran until she reached where I found her.

"And she has no idea of ​​the path because she does not know the city." Amanda sighed.

"I found the girl's pictures." Tutuola entered the room, passing the image to the big television.

For hours, it took him a long time to trace all the way Ana had traveled from the house from which he fled to where he was found, as well as the information about the vehicle that took her to that residence.

"She walked a lot for a child, especially in the cold," he said, showing a map on the television with his way past security cameras. "The house belongs to Billy Thorne, he's in Spain for six months.

"Well, if you can not talk to him, let's talk to the neighbors," Olivia says turning to Stone and taking off her glasses, "while Stone gets us a warrant for the residence."

The group dispersed, Carisi and Rollins go together to the address of the house which is just over five kilometers from the place where Ana was found. Although the sun shines on the blue sky of New York, the biting wind and snow scattered around the city, getting around the city was pretty complicated, which is a half hour drive, in winter it becomes a trip of more than one hour.

Carisi drove through the bad traffic of the city with Amanda at his side, both silent. Since that night the two had not stayed more than five minutes together and no one else to return, the detective despite trying to act normally still had some doubts about what is normal after the two almost fucked, years of friendship and now he did not want to step on in eggs on matters, then decided to act as if nothing different had happened until she made the decision to talk about it.

Amanda also did not expect to have to deal with a conversation about relationships or one almost had sex with her so early, and she was glad that Carisi hoped she had not tried to do this, the two went almost all the way in silence or with her reading the information Fin Tutuola had got over Billy Thorne. Arriving at the residence they were amazed at how peaceful and familiar that street was, several children play outside their homes, while some play hockey, others make snowmen or a snowball war, all happy in their day without class The house from which Ana ran away seemed very well-kept to be closed for months, the two detectives then went from house to house with a picture of the child that was not recognized by any of the neighbors, but everyone was unanimous in saying that Billy Thorne is a Good guy who lets the best friend use the house while out of town.

~~~

- Hi Spencer Bowerd - Olivia says entering the interrogation room, where the tall fat man sweated so much he looked sick - I imagine my detectives explained the reason for his arrest, right?

"That's absurd," the man said nervously.

"Well, your friend Billy Thorne has confirmed that you've been staying at his house for the past month, while he's in Europe." Olivia set the files on the metal table while Carisi sat in the chair in front of Spencer. Benson remained foot.

"And we found a child who said he ran away from that house.

"And you believed her?" The man growled at Carisi.

"Considering we tracked her to that address," Carisi said, "yes, I do believe so why do not you tell what three children were doing four days ago in the house where you live?"

"C-as I know," he drawled, "they must have invaded.

"And you did not see them there?" Benson wondered as he clutched his tone so as not to be extremely sarcastic.

"No."

"Your alibi four days ago is a lie, we've already asked at the bar." Carisi leaned across the table. "The cameras belittle everything you say, then speak.

- Dude I know nothing about children I swear - the fear was palpable in his voice - I was not at home I rent ... - he fell silent at the realization of what he was about to say, but by the glitter he saw in the detective's gaze his front he realized that the two had understood.

"Hold on." Benson put his hands on the table. "Have you rented your friend's house?" His expression said everything - to whom?

" I do not ..

" Listen Bowed you are very close to facing an accusation of child abduction, mistreatment and other crimes, really this is the time to speak - Carisi said as a council.

"I ..."he resisted looking at the two of them, "you can arrest me, I confess.

Olivia sat in the chair next to Carisi and asked Bowed to explain everything, and he did. He told a long story about how the girl arrived in the house and how she ran away and nothing matched what they had discovered that only irritated Benson, she after all those years were already accustomed to idiot pawns taking the blame for really bad people, and she did not she was willing to let that happen.

"Please,"Benson snarled, "you can see that you're hiding something, protecting someone, is it worth doing this so much?"

"Given what they'll do with you in jail I doubt loyalty to him is the best idea."

- I already said that I confess.

"And your story does not match up with the facts so make it easy and tell the truth straight away."

"That's the truth," Bowed shouted.

Olivia got up tired of all that, they would leave him for a while there, he did not ask lawyer what was surprising, so the two detectives just left the room. Outside Stone and Tutuola watched the interrogation.

"He confessed I'm going to take him to court tomorrow," Peter warned.

"He's protecting someone," Fin said, staring at the man in the mirror.

"The question is who?" Olivia sighed. "Find out all you can about him, friends, everything.